By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Should the Nintendo Switch get a price cut?

Yahoo! (Yes it should) 28 31.11%

D'oh, I missed! (It should not) 62 68.89%

Total:90
CaptainExplosion said:
pizzanuggs said:
No. I mean buy 1 get 1 would also double units sold as well.

Just needs more big ticket games. Indies are fantastic but wont move the hardware like a Zelda or Mario.

Well Smash Bros. is coming, and HOPEFULLY it's a new game instead of a port.

Yep Smash would definitely push those hardware sales up.

I'm feeling pretty confident this Smash is gonna be a new installment. Nintendo has been otherwise upfront about all the other Wii U Ports.

They didn't tease "Donkey Kong 2018". They straight up said "hey its this 4 year  old game again but more expensive!" (if you haven't played seems like a great opportunity, fantastic platformer)

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

I think that, because for the past few weeks it's been just behind the PS4 in hardware sales, the Nintendo Switch needs a price cut, unless it's too soon to take such measures.

Who here thinks it should get a price cut, and who here thinks it doesn't need one?

The most accurate response to this would be:

You wish

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Indeed and a harware revision too.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I think it should have been $199.99 from the get-go.

Your avatar is of a mascot of a failed hardware manufacturer and the Switch has outsold the Wii at its $299 pricepoint after an abysmal outing for the WiiU.  Yeah, it's safe to say you're not the best judge of these things.  In your world, Nintendo would be $1.5 Billion poorer.  Eh, at least they'd have your approval on their launch price, though.  Seems like a fair consolation.

Personally, I'm going to wait until the price drops before I get a Switch, but I'm in no hurry of getting one so whether it gets one this year or not doesn't really matter to me. If it does, I might end up getting it around the holidays, and if it doesn't I'm fine with that. I can just wait until next year in that case.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Honestly we all want price cuts. But we all know the Switch is doing well and it's not even a year old so business wise Nintendo doesn't need to.

(Unlike the Wii U where they dropped the basic model to $199 Canadian when I got mine within a year of it's release)

I hope when Switch does have a price cut itll come with a new model.

Where do you live? Where I live they never dropped the price.

VGPolyglot said:
V-r0cK said:
Honestly we all want price cuts. But we all know the Switch is doing well and it's not even a year old so business wise Nintendo doesn't need to.

(Unlike the Wii U where they dropped the basic model to $199 Canadian when I got mine within a year of it's release)

I hope when Switch does have a price cut itll come with a new model.

I live in the southern parts of Ontario :P

I got it at Walmart, guess they were already planning to discontinue it?  I was surprised cause price drops from anything Nintendo are rare, and the fact that it was for a new system was really shocking.  The white 8gb Wii U must've done extremely poor for Nintendo to do such a move like that.

V-r0cK said:
VGPolyglot said:

I got it at Walmart, guess they were already planning to discontinue it?  I was surprised cause price drops from anything Nintendo are rare, and the fact that it was for a new system was really shocking.  The white 8gb Wii U must've done extremely poor for Nintendo to do such a move like that.

That's strange, because I live in Southern Ontario too.

VGPolyglot said:
V-r0cK said:

loll yea there were tons of articles on it and I think Bestbuy had the deal too.

Here's one article I found:

https://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/31/wii-u-basic-is-199-at-walmart-canada-from-august-2nd/

Wii U released Nov 12, 2012.  Dropped to $199 on Aug 2, 2013.  Only took 9 months lol

V-r0cK said:
VGPolyglot said:

loll yea there were tons of articles on it and I think Bestbuy had the deal too.

Here's one article I found:

https://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/31/wii-u-basic-is-199-at-walmart-canada-from-august-2nd/

Wii U released Nov 12, 2012.  Dropped to $199 on Aug 2, 2013.  Only took 9 months lol

I guess I must have missed out on that then