By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves is Microsoft's fastest selling first party new IP of this generation.

HollyGamer said:
Imagine if Scalebound had not been canceled. This is just shows , Xbox player want variety and more First Party IP.

Event decent games like Sea of Thieves are popular on Xbox One.

I hope that Game Pass at least means that they'll try to start funding more games.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Aeolus451 said:

It's not the ones reacting critically to the game that are leaving salt. It's the wet pirates. You think it was successful? It sold on hype but didn't deliver. The sales and reviews reflect that. 

How exactly do the sales and reviews reflect that? It's first week sales were great, this statement from MS is proof of that. Meanwhile it is showing good legs, it is still at #1 on the Xbox One digital store, #6 on Amazon UK, and has 3 SKU's in the top 100 on Amazon US. As for reviews, it got a 69 meta which is pretty average, it's not a bad score at all. 

It has 2 in the top 100:  the $249 XBO S console bundle with a copy of SoT at #43 and the standalone physical copy of SoT at #68.

Btw, did XBO get an official permanent price cut to $250? I thought it was just Amazon with that price, but I noticed it was $250 on Best Buy as well. 

shikamaru317 said:
Aeolus451 said:

It's not the ones reacting critically to the game that are leaving salt. It's the wet pirates. You think it was successful? It sold on hype but didn't deliver. The sales and reviews reflect that. 

How exactly do the sales and reviews reflect that? It's first week sales were great, this statement from MS is proof of that. Meanwhile it is showing good legs, it is still at #1 on the Xbox One digital store, #6 on Amazon UK, and has 3 SKU's in the top 100 on Amazon US. As for reviews, it got a 69 meta which is pretty average, it's not a bad score at all. 

69 is not average. That's meh. It's not a good score. It sold decently because of hype and it got alot of bad reviews because it didn't deliver/has issues.

Aeolus451 said:
hudsoniscool said:
Why is there so much salt in here? The game had a successful launch get over it.

What are you talking about it’s selling really well. The reviews are ok. It’s getting a big negative for content. But all dlc besides cosmetics will be free. This game had a very strong launch there really isn’t an argument to that point.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
Aeolus451 said:

What are you talking about it’s selling really well. The reviews are ok. It’s getting a big negative for content. But all dlc besides cosmetics will be free. This game had a very strong launch there really isn’t an argument to that point.

Sales are front loaded. They aren't a testament of how good a game is. Games can sell well just on hype. It got alot of bad reviews because it's boring and basically the same from the beta. I doubt that Rare will update this game to the point that Hello Games did with NMS but we will see.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
hudsoniscool said:

Sales are front loaded. They aren't a testament of how good a game is. Games can sell well just on hype. It got alot of bad reviews because it's boring and basically the same from the beta. I doubt that Rare will update this game to the point that Hello Games did with NMS but we will see.

How is 7/10 bad? That means actually slightly more positive reviews than negative. Do you not understand how scales and averages work?

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Aeolus451 said:
hudsoniscool said:

The games been out a week how on earth can u argue that the game is frontloaded? Your actually stating that as a fact lol. And yes the game does need more content. And they have said it’s going to get massive amounts of support. Also why are we talking about NMS. This thread is about SOT and it’s great launch.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Support for Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 has been great. Forza Horizon 3 and Halo Wars 2 also had big expansions. I'm expecting even more support for Sea of Thieves because it's a GaaS game, it pushes game pass subs and had a strong launch.

hudsoniscool said:
Why is there so much salt in here? The game had a successful launch get over it.

It's all rare fault if they hadn't built a game based on saltwater and may I say "what wonderful looking water it is" the saltiness level would have been much less , still it could have been worse , they might have made the dead sea of thieves.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

hudsoniscool said:
Aeolus451 said:

The games been out a week how on earth can u argue that the game is frontloaded? Your actually stating that as a fact lol. And yes the game does need more content. And they have said it’s going to get massive amounts of support. Also why are we talking about NMS. This thread is about SOT and it’s great launch.

The majority of game sales are near a game's launch which makes them front loaded. It's why games need discounted sales, rereleases to different consoles, GOTY editions. Otherwise sales die off quickly. It's also why some devs do review embargoes.

NMS was in a similar situation. It was released fairly bare bones and it had some game mechanics that weren't that well thought-out. The dev patched and greatly improved the game over time. SoT is in a similar situation.