By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will the low Metacritic Effect Far Cry 5 sales?

Seems weird to cancel a pre-order because its a few points lower than the average entry.

I could maybe understand if it was a big decline like high-90s to low-70s, but going from mid/high-80s to low 80s isnt that major.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I do think it will sell less than 4 and 3 did. Afterall 4 was cross-gen and 3 had killer sales thanks to it's high reviews (91 meta). Hard to say how much less it will sell than them though. I think it'll top out around 9m lifetime, 4 and 3 both passed 10m.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:
Is 81 really that low for a game?

81 is worse than Bravely Default. So yes, that's a low score.

Well, if it's a Square Enix game I have to take your tastes into account.

80s is not low mate.

shikamaru317 said:

I do think it will sell less than 4 and 3 did. Afterall 4 was cross-gen and 3 had killer sales thanks to it's high 91 meta. Hard to say how much less it will sell than them though. I think it'll top out around 9m lifetime, 4 and 3 both passed 10m.

I always find it hard to remember just how good cross-generational titles have sold.

Around the Network

Now they will miss their target by -1 sale

I'm gonna take this as you joking around.

In any case, we can't say how many sales were lost, unless we had insight into an alternate history where it got a better score.

Huh. I didn't know 4/5 was considered low. 95% of games must be garbage

Considering it's the 5th instalment and people still seem to be enjoying it (I watch Jack Frags on Youtube as an example) I'd say the MC score is a solid/expected one at this time and the game will sell well regardless.

Good to see this site is still going