By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will the low Metacritic Effect Far Cry 5 sales?

So reviews are in and the MC for FC5 is 81 atm, and will probably fall to 79-80 once all the reviews are in. I canceled my pre-order for the game, although I was looking forward to it and it got me thinking - how many other potential sales do you think were lost over the low MC score? (lifetime, not just launch pre orders)

If I had to guess at least 1-1.5M compared to an MC of 85 (my cutoff score for playing games) If there have been any "studies" on something like this please link as I'd be interested.

Around the Network

Is 81 really that low for a game?

81 is low? Everything that score tells me is that is a pretty good game, just not a masterpiece.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Pretty sad how you cancelled because of a meta critic score lol. Some people just cant think for themselves nowadays.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

*Affect
The game will sell like crazy (well, loads of copies at any rate).

Around the Network

I refuse to believe that this thread is serious and the OP isn't screwing with us.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Seems weird to cancel a pre-order because its a few points lower than the average entry.

I could maybe understand if it was a big decline like high-90s to low-70s, but going from mid/high-80s to low 80s isnt that major.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:
Is 81 really that low for a game?

81 is worse than Bravely Default. So yes, that's a low score.

Well, if it's a Square Enix game I have to take your tastes into account.

80s is not low mate.

shikamaru317 said:

I do think it will sell less than 4 and 3 did. Afterall 4 was cross-gen and 3 had killer sales thanks to it's high 91 meta. Hard to say how much less it will sell than them though. I think it'll top out around 9m lifetime, 4 and 3 both passed 10m.

I always find it hard to remember just how good cross-generational titles have sold.