By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Software Sales - March 18th to March 24th, 2018

That's hugely impressive from SoT beating Ni No Kuni, specially considering its on game pass.

Around the Network

Nice one for SOT! I know my brother is playing it for free with the free trial of game pass.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Didn't SOT have a 3 day head start on AWO and NNK? Not sure why people are surprised honestly. If it's close to QB sales, that means all 3 didn't do well I guess

Preston Scott

Wow. What a surprise especially considering the game is available for free on game pass.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

SoT did impressively well, considering that here on VGC it was said that 90% of people playing the game were on Free Trial of Game Pass. XD

Around the Network

Damn that's not very high for Ni No Kuni 2, hopefully it will do better in other countries.

As I’ve said in another thread - everyone just assumed GamePass would be the major draw for SoT and that’s simply not true. While it’s a good for casuals, it’s not for early adopters or for people who want to own their games.

Xen said:
Sea of Thieves over Ni No Kuni II is just sad.

You really thought a niche JRPG could beat a high profile western developed game in the west?  Especially given the attention SoT has received on Twitch/Mixer?  Rare is a UK company and it sold well at home.  That’s to be applauded.  I’m actually surprised Nino debuted at 3.  Not many JRPGs do that.

Last edited by Seventizz - on 26 March 2018

Good to see SOT at the top of the charts.

Proud to be a Californian.

Xen said:
Medisti said:

A Way Out over Ni No Kuni II is even sadder. Look at the All Formats chart. (aka the real chart)

And EVEN sadder is my lack of knowledge as to what that game is.

...but it is EA, so I basically automatically add it to the ignore list.

I know it’s trendy to blindly hate on all things EA - but they have nothing to do with this indi’s game development.  Their role was funding and publishing on a pro bono level.