By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Software Sales - March 18th to March 24th, 2018

flashfire926 said:

From resetera:

22,695 SoT
14,039 A Way Out

So Ni No Kuni 2 <   14,039

:/ well, let's hope the sales aren't below 10k.

Around the Network

The reason why Ni No Kuni 2 performed worse than its predecessor is because the first one released at a time when jrpg’s on consoles were dying out, unlike now where we can say that the jrpg genre made a big comeback in recent years and thus Ni no kuni 2 doesn’t stick out like it would have 5 years ago.

Mar1217 said:
flashfire926 said:

From resetera:

22,695 SoT
14,039 A Way Out

So Ni No Kuni 2 <   14,039

As I thought, nothing worth of a juggernaut. 

It ain't bad though 

> UK only

> 5 days only

> physical only

> cheaper on game pass

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Mar1217 said:

As I thought, nothing worth of a juggernaut. 

It ain't bad though 

> UK only

> 5 days only

> physical only

> cheaper on game pass

> no one even knows how big or small gamepass is

> Both other games only had 2 days instead off 5 and our physical only

> 22k is really low for any big game

Preston Scott

SoT did "flop" sort of numbers at UK retail. I'm sure we will hear all sorts of excuses, but when Mass effect Andromeda, a game that was considered a flop, outsold all new releases this week, that's very telling

Around the Network

How is it than 1-2 Switch is higher on the list than FIFA 18 Switch? I'd assume that 1-2 would've been buried by now, and it's still charting.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
flashfire926 said:

> UK only

> 5 days only

> physical only

> cheaper on game pass

> Doesn't really work when it's the 2nd strongest market (and probably by quite a large margin) for the console.

> Standard UK game release dates are the Friday, giving most games less than 5 days. That doesn't stop them from selling much better than that though, so it doesn't work as an excuse here either.

> Cheaper physically, so digital sales should be much less.

> Not really, paying constantly for something is always more expensive than paying only once.

1) UK is a really small fraction of the world.

2) its irrelevant what time other games got. I'm talking about sea of thieves

3)  nope, its the same price on both. And even if it was more expensive, recent trends show digital getting much bigger by the day.

4) Not really, since most players will probably play the game for two-three months. Not to mention the added value of the rest of games

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.