By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Modern Warfare 2 remaster coming without multiplayer/will be campaign-only

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remaster On The Way, But Won't Have Multiplayer - Report

Another one of Activision's fuck-ups makes the rounds. First the bungled mess that was Destiny 2 with Bungie (no pun intended) and now this? Rereleasing a game that's renowned for its multiplayer without the multiplayer? GTFOOH!

Knowing Activision, though, they might release it later on for an extra $30. After all, this is the same company that locked a much-wanted remaster behind an $80 bundle with a game no one gave a shit about and charged for 9-year-old DLC maps with a price hike to boot, so don't worry, it's coming (maybe), you'll just end up paying almost the full price of a new AAA game when it's all said and done. The infinite insta-kill-from-across-the-map noob tubes (One Man Army + Danger Close combo) and Commando perk will probably be back as well as will the game-ending nuke.

Around the Network

That'd be very strange, having the campaign but not the multiplayer? That is the main selling point of CoD!

VGPolyglot said:
That'd be very strange, having the campaign but not the multiplayer? That is the main selling point of CoD!

IKR? And to think that this is who some people want publishing Star Wars games! 

Fuck Activision, they're a slightly less shittier EA.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Yay you're back!

Can't believe they don't have multiplayer in the game. If they do what you predict, like selling it as DLC, it will probably start a precedent of many other companies doing the same. There seems to be no other reason they don't include multiplayer.

Around the Network

I know someone who plays Call of Duty for its campaign, may the lord have mercy on his soul.

Ka-pi96 said:
So it would be an improved version? Sweet!

If rereleasing a game without by far its most lauded component counts as "improving" it, then yes. 

Which they just might end up releasing later on for $30, anyway. So I get the full remaster for $5 cheaper than a brand new AAA game several months after it's released, YAY! 

I really want them to include MP but I'll buy it anyway since I love CoD.

There is 0% chance of MW2 remaster to not have MP. Mark my words.

This rumour is complete bullshit.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

jason1637 said:
I really want them to include MP but I'll buy it anyway since I love CoD.

Again, don't worry, they just might release it at a later time, you'll just have to pay an extra $30 for it.

That IS Activision's way of conducting "business".