By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Modern Warfare 2 remaster coming without multiplayer/will be campaign-only

Ka-pi96 said:
KManX89 said:

If rereleasing a game without by far its most lauded component counts as "improving" it, then yes. 

Which they just might end up releasing later on for $30, anyway. So I get the full remaster for $5 cheaper than a brand new AAA game several months after it's released, YAY! 

Well I couldn't care less about the mp and not having it also means no mp trophies (although IIRC none of the Modern Warfare games had mp trophies originally anyway), which definitely counts as an improvement to me

Trophies matter that much to you that you would rather have the game gimped so you can get a plat?

Around the Network

Could explain why the game was leaked to only be 20 bucks.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Trophies matter that much to you that you would rather have the game gimped so you can get a plat?

I'd hardly call a game that lacks a mode I have no interest in playing "gimped".

I would however avoid games with shitty multiplayer trophies that make the plat unobtainable or too time consuming/luck based...

It's a mode that was originally in the game, taking it out is pretty much gimping it.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

It's a mode that was originally in the game, taking it out is pretty much gimping it.

Do you think EA removing the loot box progression system from Battlefront 2 is gimping it? Because I'm about as interested in COD MP as I am in loot box progression so those are equivalent to me

I said mode, not feature.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I said mode, not feature.

What's the difference? It's still removing something that was originally in the game.

And for what purpose? Microtransactions in BF2 would have been pervasive, with COD you could just ignore it.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

And for what purpose? Microtransactions in BF2 would have been pervasive, with COD you could just ignore it.

I mentioned trophies, didn't I? I can't ignore it if there's stupid multiplayer trophies, now can I?

Just ignore those trophies then.

There's only a few reasons I can think of as to why its only campaign:

1. People love the MW storyline more so than the multiplayer (cause we dont see any other CoD games getting this treatment)

2. Activision doesn't want to split up the community. They just want to keep it simple so that every year they release one new CoD and focus on that MP rather than have them branching that could cause more of a headache. That would just cause internal conflict between the games.

KManX89 said:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remaster On The Way, But Won't Have Multiplayer - Report

Rereleasing a game that's renowned for its multiplayer without the multiplayer? GTFOOH!

Knowing Activision, though, they might release it later on for an extra $30.

I was going to post my own comment, but it would have been this almost word for word so I'll just quote you.

With MWR I waited until that announced the standalone edition, but then found it was selling for nearly the same as a full priced game. Fortunately a preowned Legacy edition of Infinite Warfare was but then only £20 so got that instead.

There's no way..

Having no single player I'd believe. No mp? No chance.

A bit off-topic but a collection of COD single-player campaigns is actually something I'd like to see.