By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Modern Warfare 2 remaster coming without multiplayer/will be campaign-only

There is 0% chance of MW2 remaster to not have MP. Mark my words.

This rumour is complete bullshit.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
I really want them to include MP but I'll buy it anyway since I love CoD.

Again, don't worry, they just might release it at a later time, you'll just have to pay an extra $30 for it.

That IS Activision's way of conducting "business".

KManX89 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
So it would be an improved version? Sweet!

If rereleasing a game without by far its most lauded component counts as "improving" it, then yes. 

Which they just might end up releasing later on for $30, anyway. So I get the full remaster for $5 cheaper than a brand new AAA game several months after it's released, YAY! 

Well I couldn't care less about the mp and not having it also means no mp trophies (although IIRC none of the Modern Warfare games had mp trophies originally anyway), which definitely counts as an improvement to me

Ka-pi96 said:
KManX89 said:

If rereleasing a game without by far its most lauded component counts as "improving" it, then yes. 

Which they just might end up releasing later on for $30, anyway. So I get the full remaster for $5 cheaper than a brand new AAA game several months after it's released, YAY! 

Well I couldn't care less about the mp and not having it also means no mp trophies (although IIRC none of the Modern Warfare games had mp trophies originally anyway), which definitely counts as an improvement to me

Trophies matter that much to you that you would rather have the game gimped so you can get a plat?

VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Trophies matter that much to you that you would rather have the game gimped so you can get a plat?

I'd hardly call a game that lacks a mode I have no interest in playing "gimped".

I would however avoid games with shitty multiplayer trophies that make the plat unobtainable or too time consuming/luck based...

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 24 March 2018

Around the Network

Could explain why the game was leaked to only be 20 bucks.

Kind of lame to not have MP on a remaster for one of the all-time best MP CoD games. But I guess they don't want to split their playerbase in 3 between WW2, MW2 Remaster, and Black Ops 4.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'd hardly call a game that lacks a mode I have no interest in playing "gimped".

I would however avoid games with shitty multiplayer trophies that make the plat unobtainable or too time consuming/luck based...

It's a mode that was originally in the game, taking it out is pretty much gimping it.

VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It's a mode that was originally in the game, taking it out is pretty much gimping it.

Do you think EA removing the loot box progression system from Battlefront 2 is gimping it? Because I'm about as interested in COD MP as I am in loot box progression so those are equivalent to me

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Do you think EA removing the loot box progression system from Battlefront 2 is gimping it? Because I'm about as interested in COD MP as I am in loot box progression so those are equivalent to me

I said mode, not feature.