By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Modern Warfare 2 remaster coming without multiplayer/will be campaign-only

Ka-pi96 said:
KManX89 said:

If rereleasing a game without by far its most lauded component counts as "improving" it, then yes. 

Which they just might end up releasing later on for $30, anyway. So I get the full remaster for $5 cheaper than a brand new AAA game several months after it's released, YAY! 

Well I couldn't care less about the mp and not having it also means no mp trophies (although IIRC none of the Modern Warfare games had mp trophies originally anyway), which definitely counts as an improvement to me

Speak for yourself, most people are rightfully pissed about a potential MW2 remaster lacking by far its best component. Seriously, who the fuck plays CoD for single-player, anymore? I can probably count with my fingers on one hand.

But hey, that's Activision for you, bunch of money-grubbing clowns, see: Destiny 2 (they published it, so yes, it does count).

Around the Network

Well maybe there wasnt enough multiplayer audience for the remaster of the firts game?

I only play the single player campaign anyways.

i don't give a shit about any mp, for me single and mp are completely differents modes from each other to even compare

that said, from a market perspective its make no sense, just gonna make people angry, but if it is a remake like the first one i think people still gonna buy

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I said mode, not feature.

What's the difference? It's still removing something that was originally in the game.

Oh yes, because removing exploitative gambling (let's call a spade a spade here) that's harmful to children and addictive adults and removing the multiplayer from one of the most acclaimed multiplayer games of all time are TOTALLY the same thing.

Honestly, the best thing that could happen to gaming is the Hawaii bills and others like them pass all around the country and companies like EA are forced to slap a big warning sticker on the box so parents don't buy such games for Little Johnny (let's be honest, it IS basically gambling), hurting the profit margin of anyone who dares pull such shady bullshit in their games. And really, companies like EA could use a hard-learned lesson in humility by having to warn consumers against buying such games, then they simply won't do it in the future, and you better...

Ka-pi96 said:
KManX89 said:

Speak for yourself, most people are rightfully pissed about a potential MW2 remaster lacking by far its best component. Seriously, who the fuck plays CoD for single-player, anymore? I can probably count with my fingers on one hand.

But hey, that's Activision for you, bunch of money-grubbing clowns, see: Destiny 2 (they published it, so yes, it does count).

Pretty sure I was. That's what "I couldn't care less" and "to me", mean.

Seeing how you're requesting they remove the multiplayer from one of the most beloved multiplayer games of all time because trophies, it pretty much goes without saying that there's not a lot of support for your position.

landr300 said:

i don't give a shit about any mp, for me single and mp are completely differents modes from each other to even compare

that said, from a market perspective its make no sense, just gonna make people angry, but if it is a remake like the first one i think people still gonna buy

Only if they go in thinking it'll have MP like every other CoD ever made, except... it isn't there for some odd reason despite it being a remaster of one of the most adored MP games of all time. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 26 March 2018

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:

I love this gif.

Releasing 1 remastered CoD campaign won't get a lot of traction. They should just put all three remastered Modern Warfare campaigns on one disc and release the multiplayer separately as DLC (or vice versa).