By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry V is releasing soon.....

Gonna buy it near release, wait til it's cheaper or pass on it? Please elaborate on your choice.

Personally, I preordered it. It looks fun. I haven't completed a Far Cry since the 2nd one. I just got bored of it. It taking place in the US should be interesting.

Around the Network

I don't have a single Far Cry game myself, so I'll most likely pass on it, unless I find it for cheap down the line.

4 was my first one and I enjoyed it (maybe for "free" from PS+ I don't remember) . I got Primal for cheap and haven't touched it but it looks alright. 5 I will wait until it is cheap and buy it but who knows if I ever end up playing it.

FC 3 & 4 were both fun, if shallow.

I'm kind of torn. I played 3 on PC and 4 on PS3. Part of me wants to go ahead and buy it for PC but another part of me wants to wait. I plan to buy a PS4 the next time the price drops and I kind of want to save some games for it.

I live in Canada, so I'm not going to spend 80 bucks on launch. I'm getting it once it pea down to 40, which would be about a month from now.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Wait a minute .... YOU'RE buying this game? I can't wait to see your eventual thread about how it's too liberal

I'm going to wait till it goes on sale. For me, the idea of having a Far Cry in civilized society is fresh, but not necessarily good. I've only played Far Cry 3, which I really liked, and Far Cry 4 almost pulled me in even with it's similar concept to 3, and Primal was a game I really would have liked to be a full blown Far Cry 5. But I passed on both, and I'm not going to get this one until sale.

I did read in the GameInformer article that they've taken some feedback on some things. They made the map more natural supposedly; now instead of climbing a tower to fill your map you just look at signs and boards for markers, like "beware of bears" signs.

At first I was hyped but then the more and more I saw of it, it just got very bland looking and just stopped looking good to me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Far Cry games have sucked recently so on gonna pass

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Wait a minute .... YOU'RE buying this game? I can't wait to see your eventual thread about how it's too liberal

I'm going to wait till it goes on sale. For me, the idea of having a Far Cry in civilized society is fresh, but not necessarily good. I've only played Far Cry 3, which I really liked, and Far Cry 4 almost pulled me in even with it's similar concept to 3, and Primal was a game I really would have liked to be a full blown Far Cry 5. But I passed on both, and I'm not going to get this one until sale.

I did read in the GameInformer article that they've taken some feedback on some things. They made the map more natural supposedly; now instead of climbing a tower to fill your map you just look at signs and boards for markers, like "beware of bears" signs.

I get along fine with liberals. It's the high horse progressives that get all preachy and authoritarian about everything that get on my nerves. They're as bad as baptists when they see someone having fun. 😹

I'm not religious or in a cult so I think the premise of the game is funny and could be entertaining. It depends on the game and how ham fisted or subtle they are with everything. For example, I really like DA: Inquisition. I liked Dorian and I sided with the mages in all of the games.

i’ll probably wait until it’s closer to $30, or if it goes on sale with all the dlc close to $40.

the game is co-op, right? my brother who doesn’t usually like games too much loved far cry 4, so i’d like to play 5 with him.