Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Tagged games:

Should Goku Join Smash 5?

Yes 32 44.44%

No 38 52.78%

Broly 2 2.78%

Total:72

I don’t think that guy that keeps mentioning Rob is aware he is from the NES and made by Nintendo.

Either that, or he just really likes posting pictures of Rob and mentioning it for no discernible reason.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Ulternia said:
I love Goku but I don’t want him for Smash. I’d much rather have him in a game like a Shonen Jump All-Stars or a more fighting-centric game (as opposed to Smash, which I consider a brawler).

However, I wouldn’t be unhappy with Goku’s inclusion. He’s one of my all-time favorite characters.

Yeah, there are other all-star games that make more sense, actually he is in J-Star Victory VS.

The problem with this argument is that

- Shonen Jump/ J-Star all star games are mostly Japan exclusive.

- Jump all star are mediocre games

- Practically no one cares about these games over here in the west unlike Smash.

It would be a huge waste to not have Goku in Smash since he's well known and beloved worldwide and he fits in the game.

DAXFM said:
Goku 4 Smash

4 Smash!!

Although I love Dragon Ball, I wouldn't want him in Smash.

Even if we'd consider him a videogame character, he wouldn't be so important as a videogame character as other 3rd party characters.

Snoorlax said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, there are other all-star games that make more sense, actually he is in J-Star Victory VS.

The problem with this argument is that

- Shonen Jump/ J-Star all star games are mostly Japan exclusive.

- Jump all star are mediocre games

- Practically no one cares about these games over here in the west unlike Smash.

It would be a huge waste to not have Goku in Smash since he's well known and beloved worldwide and he fits in the game.

DAXFM said:
Goku 4 Smash

4 Smash!!

The one I listed was released in the West, and I think most people not caring about it isn't that big of a deal since at least it's still available for people to enjoy, as for it being mediocre well not much to say about that.