By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 3 March 2018

VGPolyglot said:
RolStoppable said:

Switch has yet to receive a price cut and is coming off its worst two-month-stretch in terms of first party releases. Switch had nothing in January and only Bayonetta 2 in February. Bayonetta is an IP that doesn't sell hardware, so a port of an old game wasn't going to do anything worth of note.

I don't even know when the Switch will get a price cut, the Wii U only had a semi-price cut by making the Deluxe version the price of the standard one, but it never actually went down.

If Nintendo are as stoic with prices for the Switch as they were the Wii U then it's not going to push the numbers people seem to be optimistic about it doing.

Around the Network
LethalP said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't even know when the Switch will get a price cut, the Wii U only had a semi-price cut by making the Deluxe version the price of the standard one, but it never actually went down.

If Nintendo are as stoic with prices for the Switch as they were the Wii U then it's not going to push the numbers people seem to be optimistic about it doing.

We'll see.

The switch had no major release in most of December and January/February. It's not surprising to see it a little lower than expected i think but the momentum might be back with Kirby and Smash announcement.

Why do we have a PS4 and XBO boost in the US? Usually NS sells about the same as the others...

Wow! PS4 is almost five years old and still going strong! 270K! WOW!

Meanwhile ... the Switch is at a miserable 220k. Talk about a decline. Looks like Nintendo just couldn't keep up the momentum.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Meanwhile ... the Switch is at a miserable 220k. Talk about a decline. Looks like Nintendo just couldn't keep up the momentum.

I think its way too eaely to suggest that the NS has lost any momentum. 

Intrinsic said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I think its way too eaely to suggest that the NS has lost any momentum. 

FIVE YEARS! FIVE YEARS! WOW! 

Japan sales lower for PS4 compared to the Japan thread, over 6000 difference.
Not sure if the weeks line up, but still seems like a big difference.

Yes more numbers! Way to go VGC!!!! We appreciate your hard work! PS4 still chugging along wow! Switch holding strong and yet another good week for the XB1 very nice!!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23