By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

Carl2291 said:

You'd think with both Monster Hunter and Dragon Ball releasing to some pretty big numbers and hype, PS4 would be ahead of the competition.

Maybe the wheels are starting to fall off in America now it actually has some good competition.

Edited to be more clear.

kirby007 said:
quickrick said:

its in the npd jan thread that i can't find.

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234898

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234568

both jan im waiting

Around the Network

yes i know that was based on your cliff comment

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

quickrick said:
jason1637 said:
Rick has a point. Compared to the PS4 an XBO switch is losing momentum. Nintendo needs to react quick before Switch becomes Wii U 2.0 imo.

LMAO wiiu 2 is never gonna happen, come on. 3ds 2.0 is likely though.

VGPolyglot said:
jason1637 said:
Rick has a point. Compared to the PS4 an XBO switch is losing momentum. Nintendo needs to react quick before Switch becomes Wii U 2.0 imo.

You're not very convincing in your writing.

The Wii U started off really well and ended up flopping. By Wii U 2.0 I don't mean it's gonna sell 13m but that it's gonna less close to that if Nintendo doesn't react quick.  The PS4 and Xbox One both had huge boost this month compared to the last while switch was basically flat MoM. Also Switch sales have been slowing down WW. If Nintendo doesn't do a bundle or price cut I can't see the Switch becoming irrelevant this year.

Also I don't think Switch will sell 70m like 3DS. If Nintendo doesn't react to the loss in momentum I see 16-25m but if they do react I think it will do 60m.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
PS4 is doomed!!!! Xd. But seriously congrats to Nintendo. If PS4 still couldn’t win with monster hunter, I don’t see it winning too many months this year, if any. Depending how this year goes, Sony might start thinking of a 2019 ps5 launch. Which will make PS4 6 years old by that point.

he has been repeating ps4 can't compete a few times, mentioned a few times it will fall off a cliff. 

kirby007 said:
quickrick said:

its in the npd jan thread that i can't find.

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234898

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234568

both jan im waiting

I don't see how carl comment has anything to do with mine, he said wheels falling off, and was rather serious in his post, but think what you want.

Those Switch numbers are pretty good. I wonder what other big games Nintendo has for the 2nd half of 2018. I can easily see the Switch doing better in its 2nd year than its first. Depending on what's released sales could explode in 2019. The Switch has a wonderful future.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Miyamotoo said: 

Obviously, one month Switch is not first and we are back to Nintendo is doomed agenda. :)

I'm not saying that. All 3 systems achieve high sales for a February. But you have to bear in mind that the 2018 line-up for Switch is mostly ports so far : sales are likely to weaken at some point, especially compared to PS4 which has lots of major titles not coming to Switch (MHW, Far Cry 5, Yakuza 6, Shadow of the TR, Black Ops IIII, etc.).

Switch did 270-280k in Jan/Feb with Bayonetta 2 as the biggest release.

Why would you think sales will weaken in the coming months with Kirby, Labo, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong, Mario Tennis, Captain Toad from Nintendo along with South Park, Attack on Titan, Dark Souls, Crash, Okami, Octopath Traveler, Wolfemstein, etc from 3rd parties?

Ports or not, the Switch lineup from March-July is far better than the Jan/Feb lineup.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

jason1637 said: 

VGPolyglot said:

You're not very convincing in your writing.

The Wii U started off really well and ended up flopping. By Wii U 2.0 I don't mean it's gonna sell 13m but that it's gonna less close to that if Nintendo doesn't react quick.  The PS4 and Xbox One both had huge boost this month compared to the last while switch was basically flat MoM. Also Switch sales have been slowing down WW. If Nintendo doesn't do a bundle or price cut I can't see the Switch becoming irrelevant this year.

Also I don't think Switch will sell 70m like 3DS. If Nintendo doesn't react to the loss in momentum I see 16-25m but if they do react I think it will do 60m.

I didn't mean you weren't convincing in your argument, I meant you're writing is not convincing enough to be considered serious.

quickrick said:
Carl2291 said:

You'd think with both Monster Hunter and Dragon Ball releasing to some pretty big numbers and hype, PS4 would be ahead of the competition.

Maybe the wheels are starting to fall off in America now it actually has some good competition.

Edited to be more clear.

Huh, I'll bite.

Why is me saying the PS4 has competition during a month it finished behind the competition triggering you? What does it have to do with anything in this thread?

quickrick said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
PS4 is doomed!!!! Xd. But seriously congrats to Nintendo. If PS4 still couldn’t win with monster hunter, I don’t see it winning too many months this year, if any. Depending how this year goes, Sony might start thinking of a 2019 ps5 launch. Which will make PS4 6 years old by that point.

he has been repeating ps4 can't compete a few times, mentioned a few times it will fall off a cliff. 

so did he say anything really aside from the ps4 is doomed? which he shows is a joke directly afterwards??? hes not preaching like its the truth....
If this is everything FML.. stop grasping at straws

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Slarvax said:
I dont know if I love or hate that NPD threads are now "bait quickrick" threads.

Funnily enough, he has been more correct with his predictions so far than probably all who can't help themselves but to incessantly mock him.