By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

jason1637 said: 

Why is GTAV OK but not Mario Kart 8?

You're pulling my leg Jason you goof? Because if not I just said why ... many ... many times. 

Probably missed where you said why.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
In the context of the Switch being able to sell 20 million units in the next fiscal year, it has to do better than 280k/month in the USA. It's an alright number, but it's nowhere near enough to meet Nintendo's rather high goal.

Also it seems so long ago that I remember reading that the PS4 wasn't going to win any NPD at all this year, yet I remember again it was just last month after a marginal Switch victory.

yea we had ultimategamer, and carl2291 saying ps4 sales are falling off a cliff, or its wheels are falling off. 

Switch might be losing some momentum. The PS4 and XBO were both up MoM by a lot while the Switch is barely up MoM.

ryuzaki57 said:
Is the party over for Switch? It was sure that PS4 would take back the lead given the strong line-up but X1 2nd is surprising.

It depends what you mean by party. Because I'm sure that there is going to be a MARIO PARTY!!!

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

yea we had ultimategamer, and carl2291 saying ps4 sales are falling off a cliff, or its wheels are falling off. 

It's really not looking good for the PS4 though. The PS3's fifth February was bigger, and the PS3 wasn't a success.

LOL ps3 was a success, it sold 90 million. it was a desired product. i think ps4 sales are amazing  for February, kinda shocked it did so good with xbox having much better deals, i really expected ps4 to lose momentum with being so expensive for it's fifth year. 

Around the Network

This could use some classy music something like
You spin me right round baby

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

estebxx said:
Lawlight said:

With 2015 having 8 weeks and 2018 having 9 weeks. And, of course, the PS4 being $400 vs the Switch’s $300.

I like that, i think its good to note some of the differences (since they obviously matter), and i would like to add the following 2.

By this point in time the Switch has WAY BETTER exclusives that can push more consoles than anything the PS4 got in its first year (BOTW and Oddysey), which became the highest rated exclusives this gen, and both belonging to two of the most highly acclaimed and popular franchises in the industry.

Plus being a console that also works as a handheld obviously helps the Switch sell better in Japan.

The very first true great exclusive for the PS4 was Bloodborne and it came out on March 24 2015, and while i love the game its pretty obvious it doesnt have the console selling power of Mario or Zelda.

And just to clarify no i am not diminishing the Switch success, quite the opposite i am simply saying that while its true that the Switch is doing better than the PS4 at this point in time, it is due to the fact that it has offered more compelling exclusive software and a piece of hardware that fits the different needs of many people.

Your post is fine, not taking away from switch. Others however have this mindset of only pointing out negativity and flaws for a console of their choice. Criticism is fine, but what some people do (this thread is showing just that) is literally starting console wars. Best ex is people dooming the switch fail to realize it's just ps4 beasting this month and switch doing just good

quickrick said:
Megiddo said:
In the context of the Switch being able to sell 20 million units in the next fiscal year, it has to do better than 280k/month in the USA. It's an alright number, but it's nowhere near enough to meet Nintendo's rather high goal.

Also it seems so long ago that I remember reading that the PS4 wasn't going to win any NPD at all this year, yet I remember again it was just last month after a marginal Switch victory.

They probably were making fun of the poster that started the meme but what do i kno xD

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

LOL ps3 was a success it sold 90 million. it was a desired product. i think ps4 sales are amazing  for February, kinda shocked it did so good with xbox having much better deals.   

This is an NPD thread. The PS3 was a distant third in the seventh generation as far as home consoles are concerned.

Narrative my friend, that does not comprehend with him!

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

LOL ps3 was a success it sold 90 million. it was a desired product. i think ps4 sales are amazing  for February, kinda shocked it did so good with xbox having much better deals.   

This is an NPD thread. The PS3 was a distant third in the seventh generation as far as home consoles are concerned.

well we are in a different gen, and for this gen, ps4 feb sales are damn amazing, especially with deals xbox had last month. comparing it to 360/ps3/wii gen doesn't make sense things have clearly changed.