By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

Is the party over for Switch? It was sure that PS4 would take back the lead given the strong line-up but X1 2nd is surprising.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

And Wii U was also $299 same like Switch and Switch again sold 4.5x better than Wii U.

Well we can say same thing now for PS4 and XB1, they are 3+ years more on market than Switch and they have incomparible bigger lineup of games in any case, so buy your point they would need to blow away Switch sales every month, but some how that isnt case. :)

But if you relly want, compare this numbers with second february for PS4/XB1.

Fact is that January-February are always slower months, and that Switch has good sales and its keep momentum despite has almost nothing from releases in January-February.

Again, you dont have any reason to think that Switch is loosing momentum, Switch sold better 4 week february than it did in 5-week January. No, actual people don't realise that 3rd party games are selling quite good on Switch, and that handheld mode is game changer for some people even they can play some 3rd party games on PS4/XB1/PC.

We dont know that, Switch is curently at 550k, in April and March we can expect at least at around 300k for each month, that would mean around 1.1-1.2m at end of April, and with that number that would be on pair with last year March-April, and offcourse from April sales will go in favour of Switch because last year had huge stock problems.

Offcourse PS4 done that when it had launch in November, are you relly comparing November with March sales!? :D

Labo will flop, same like Switch sales fail of a cliff. :D

I'm talking about the first 3 months of ps4 2014 it did 914k, so it out sold switch march launch. I do you realize that February is bigger then march, and april is a very slow month.

And how that's exactly proves that Switch is losing momentum!? Do you want to bet that Switch will sell better in March and especially in April than it did in February?

ryuzaki57 said:
Is the party over for Switch? It was sure that PS4 would take back the lead given the strong line-up but X1 2nd is surprising.

Obviously, one month Switch is not first and we are back to Nintendo is doomed agenda. :)

poklane said:

Uhm, not sure what to make of this:

"Things may get awkward with tomorrow’s media release."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/february-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-march-13th.27342/page-8#post-5758067

Media release on a Tuesday? Matt is working fast. Last month was Wednesday, before that it was alwasy Thursday. I hope he can get Nintendo digital numbers soon.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

ryuzaki57 said:

Eh? Fastest selling console in 12 months and still negativity. Very strange comment.

acdcste said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Eh? Fastest selling console in 12 months and still negativity. Very strange comment.

How is it strange? Do you know ryuzaki? It's not very strange at all. 

Around the Network
poklane said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/february-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-march-13th.27342/page-8#post-5758067

Announce it has pasted the Wii U in sales?
Say its the fastest selling Nintendo console in the US in history (first year)?

acdcste said:
quickrick said:

labo will flop, and switch will flat line this year, and  that's if nintendo drops the price during the holidays

Posts like this make me pretty sure your just doing this for the laughs.

it's ok i heard that before, then they don't have nothing to say when i turn out right.

JSG87 said:
quickrick said:

what does this have to do with what i said?

Well you said that PS4 Jan to March 2014 outsold switch launch month and I was just clarifying that that isn't an achievement when Nintendo made as many as they could for launch month.

well i didn't say it was achievement just saying its possible since someone asked if switch beating 2017 march npd  launch ytd is possible.

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

I'm talking about the first 3 months of ps4 2014 it did 914k, so it out sold switch march launch. I do you realize that February is bigger then march, and april is a very slow month.

And how that's exactly proves that Switch is losing momentum!? Do you want to bet that Switch will sell better in March and especially in April than it did in February?

ryuzaki57 said:

Obviously, one month Switch is not first and we are back to Nintendo is doomed agenda. :)

Ill bet  you march it wont sell more then February, april i'm not sure as labo could be a hit, although i really doubt it. 

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Ill bet  you march it wont sell more then February, april i'm not sure as labo could be a hit, although i really doubt it. 

OK, in what we will bet that that Switch will sell better in March than it did February? Also in last post you said Labo will flop but now you saying it could be a hit, so whats from those two?

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

OK, in what we will bet that that Switch will sell better in March than it did February? Also in last post you said Labo will flop but now you saying it could be a hit, so whats from those two?

I think it will flop, but you never  know with such a unique product. 

JRPGfan said:
poklane said:

Announce it has pasted the Wii U in sales?
Say its the fastest selling Nintendo console in the US in history (first year)?

Most likely that excluding gba like everyone does.