By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War Previews Are In!

Intrinsic said:
outlawauron said:

Well, I didn't mean to make you speechless lol. I just didn't realize people were so excited for this one as I haven't been in the right threads I guess. I still will give it a shot, but it'll be the first GOW since the first I didn't buy on release day.

Errrrr... have you also not been on the internet?

You and a few other people (whose console preferences come into play) are the only (and very few) people I have seen not be excitwd for this game. The last game whose previews recieved such universal acclaim was Zelda.

Yes, and nearly all of the commentary I've read has been very snarky and cynical. As I said, I must have not been spending enough time in more positive threads.

Lawlight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You do know that this game is inspired by cory's son right? Most of these developers are getting older and are making these stories more personal. Sonys blessed to have some of the best developers in the industry. You might just be surprised what level they are on once they put this game out. One thought Uncharted, Horizon or last of us might remind people, but this just might be something that shocks you.

They also seem to forget that kratos is sensible when it comes to his kid - remember chains of olympus?

I'm not sure if I'm included in this, but I definitely mentioned that exact thing in regards to Atreus or Kratos caring for a child to be nothing new. Because we've seen all of that before. I was referring specifically to Chains of Olympus. I never did beat Ghost of Sparta though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Man, these guys just gush about their 2-3h playthrough. Listened while driving, but seems as tho 2 guys played it, one a GoW fan, the other not so much, but both played the original games.

Said this plays better than anything they’ve played in a long time.

edit:  think the fact that these guys are British is also worth noting, since GoW has never been hugely popular in Europe. 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/03/23/ign-uk-podcast-427-evan-pettiwhisker-god-of-war

pitzy272 said:

Man, these guys just gush about their 2-3h playthrough. Listened while driving, but seems as tho 2 guys played it, one a GoW fan, the other not so much, but both played the original games.

edit:  think the fact that these guys are British is also worth noting, since GoW has never been hugely popular in Europe. 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/03/23/ign-uk-podcast-427-evan-pettiwhisker-god-of-war

Thanks for posting. Listening now.

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Does he means to people that made pre orders or all GoW fans?

No, just something else such as a vid or info. Some people are speculating it could be a demo but I doubt that.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
pitzy272 said:

Thanks for posting. Listening now.

Welcome!

Around the Network

More good news.

http://network.vgchartz.com/god-of-war-will-have-secrets-and-easter-eggs-everywhere/

God of War had been at around #16 on the Amazon top 100 for a little while now, which was already pretty impressive for a game >1mo from release; but, since the previews came out on the 19th it’s been steadily between #4 and #6 on the charts. I keep expecting it to go down, but it hasn’t budged. I’m sure it’ll have to drop again at some point, but impressive nonetheless.

Counting the days till the release.I think this game will be one of those rare titles that define a platform.

Never been a particularly huge GoW fan, but after watching and listening to those previews I’m more hyped for this game than even RDR2 this year. Bring it on!