By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War Previews Are In!

outlawauron said:
bananaking21 said:

That doesn't matter. What matters to reviewers is if the game is perfect for them. 

This game is starting to scream critical darling with a pretty mixed fan reaction. Almost every single piece of news I've heard about the game recently has just made it sound awful. I don't know why any GOW fans would be excited for this game.

Nah, the game will be very popular with fans. It’s still GoW.

Around the Network
estebxx said:
DialgaMarine said:
Hopefully there’ll be more weapons besides the Leviathan Axe and shield, but it’s all sounding pretty good so far.

Same, i hope we get a couple of 1911s, an AR-15 or a Pump Shotgun.

Love that picture.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Even after seeing every preview have such positive things to say, I still told myself I’d wait until reviews came in before I would decide whether or not to buy this. Then I watched the 15min gameplay video, and I immediately preordered it.

The release seems like its taking forever. This is in my top three goty contenders already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9XEKhV-ew

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

My first God of War, it looks awesome and impressive. Who has pre-ordered - do not look at anything anymore. Let yourself be surprised: D

edit: Ni No Kuni 2 now, God of War and Yakuza 6 in April, Detroit Become Human in May. So many epic games for us, we live in heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zu1ulosVK4

Raw footage, no commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vTVkzrzLfA

:

The PS5 Exists. 

Bristow9091 said:
outlawauron said:

This game is starting to scream critical darling with a pretty mixed fan reaction. Almost every single piece of news I've heard about the game recently has just made it sound awful. I don't know why any GOW fans would be excited for this game.

I'm a huge God of War fan and I'm VERY excited for this, the series needed a bit of a shake up in my opinion, and it was rumoured to be Norse mythology for so long anyway... as for the gameplay, over the shoulder means we can get closer to the action, and honestly it seems like there's weight between attacks and it looks so much more brutal up close too, can't wait to try it myself... there's still gonna' be combos and stuff, AoE attacks, magic etc. and don't forget we've only seen footage from the first three hours of the game, so around 10% of the game, I'm sure it'll ramp up with more enemies etc. as the game goes on... also the camera moves further out when you're fighting bigger enemies, if you see the troll (boss?) fight, the camera isn't zoomed in as much, and we've seen some pretty big enemies from trailers, so I'm expecting us to still get the epic scale fights that the series is know for, just from a different perspective. 

Also to anyone wondering about the R1 + R2 thing, I watched a video earlier (I think it was the Playstation Underground video?) and one of the guys said you can switch attacks to Square + Triangle in the settings, so it won't feel too foreign for you, you'll be able to use the same control scheme as the other games for the most part.

Is the rumored total playtime really 30 hours? Previous titles were more in the 10-12 hours range.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Bristow9091 said:

I'm a huge God of War fan and I'm VERY excited for this, the series needed a bit of a shake up in my opinion, and it was rumoured to be Norse mythology for so long anyway... as for the gameplay, over the shoulder means we can get closer to the action, and honestly it seems like there's weight between attacks and it looks so much more brutal up close too, can't wait to try it myself... there's still gonna' be combos and stuff, AoE attacks, magic etc. and don't forget we've only seen footage from the first three hours of the game, so around 10% of the game, I'm sure it'll ramp up with more enemies etc. as the game goes on... also the camera moves further out when you're fighting bigger enemies, if you see the troll (boss?) fight, the camera isn't zoomed in as much, and we've seen some pretty big enemies from trailers, so I'm expecting us to still get the epic scale fights that the series is know for, just from a different perspective. 

Also to anyone wondering about the R1 + R2 thing, I watched a video earlier (I think it was the Playstation Underground video?) and one of the guys said you can switch attacks to Square + Triangle in the settings, so it won't feel too foreign for you, you'll be able to use the same control scheme as the other games for the most part.

Is the rumored total playtime really 30 hours? Previous titles were more in the 10-12 hours range.

35+ hours to do everything. Corey Barlog mentioned in one interview that one of his staff members recently finished it in 43 hours. 

The PS5 Exists. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGTMv2iBflY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah4VA23FpwU

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 22 March 2018

The PS5 Exists.