By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New Dreams Footage

This shows how flexible the game is:

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

If the editing tools are as functional as they’ve shown, this game is going to be insane. I may not pick it up personally, as I could never really get into LBP, but it was so cool seeing what people were able to create in LBP2, and this looks like it’s on a whole other level. Can’t wait to see what people make.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
If the editing tools are as functional as they’ve shown, this game is going to be insane. I may not pick it up personally, as I could never really get into LBP, but it was so cool seeing what people were able to create in LBP2, and this looks like it’s on a whole other level. Can’t wait to see what people make.

Yes, but if someone makes a game you actually want to play ... This isn't LBP.

The PS5 Exists. 

John2290 said:
I wonder how big the file sizes will get and what limiting factors will the vr option take on.

The file sizes are in the Megabites. They don't store what you have created, they store all the movements you've made to create it. This is why I'm hoping people can post vids up of them creating something, similar to that app on the Nintendo WiiU. 

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm only just now getting through some Dreams demos I've had in my watchlist for months, and I'm glad I have. The simultaneous breadth and accessibility of the creation tools is amazing. Music and sculpting are particularly impressive. The gameplay is showing more body too with some legit looking platforming rather than just the awkward marionettes we saw previously. And goddamn that art...like impressionist paintings come to life.

I'm still not sure how satisfying this will be as a traditional game (or even for making your own 'finished' work) but the creative potential is off the charts. I can easily see myself using this to turn my own dreams into mock ups and proofs of concept (hence the name). It'll be great for people without formal training or specialized skills to put their ideas on screen to convey to others.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Two minutes of footage right there, and I'm gobsmacked at how amazing it looks... I really hope they have a whole bunch of games they've made themselves up on the servers when the game goes live, that was just brilliant :o

I imagine they will but the betas are normally run for the specific purpose of accruing content for launch rather than just to check the online out. 

The PS5 Exists. 

This game is still in development!?!?

Coming to a store near you in 2028.

If I was interested in a PS4 I'd definitely get this. Looks neat.

Bristow9091 said:
Simpleton said:
Coming to a store near you in 2028.

If I was interested in a PS4 I'd definitely get this. Looks neat.

They've already said it's coming out this year lol... 

That's what they want you to think. :p

BraLoD said:
Should not have been announced so early, that has really made lots of people just lose interest.

When it was announced they had a reasonable idea when it was likely to be released. That was three engines ago ... They're not making a game, they're building an engine to create games with. People need to understand that. 

The PS5 Exists.