By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New Dreams Footage

Mystro-Sama said:
This game is still in development!?!?

Nah, it was never in development. It was all just a Dream. 

/s

Around the Network

Delayed to 2020 incoming

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Another one to keep my eye on. Very nice.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Hyped for fridays livestream

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

When it was announced they had a reasonable idea when it was likely to be released. That was three engines ago ... They're not making a game, they're building an engine to create games with. People need to understand that. 

People don't need to understand it, it was a bad choice from MM/Sony, period.

What was a bad move? That they thought the engine they were working on was good enough for the job but then decided they wanted a better engine so rebuilt it from the ground up? I'd much sooner this got delayed and have a better version than for them to have released the game with less capability earlier. And people do need to understand this is an engine and not a game. ND used an old engine engineered for the following generations, as did Guerrilla Games. MM have built a brand new engine from the ground up with new technology. They do not want the same problem they had with the LBP engine. People used glitches to make a lot of their games and so every subsequent LBP game had to take that into consideration, each game adding more glitches. This is why it's difficult to patch LBP and why LBP3 is still not perfect. Dreams needs to be glitch free but to offer complete flexibility so glitches are not necessary. MM are pouring all of that experience into Dreams. My only gripe is they're meting out the demos too thinly and going over old ground too often. The delay doesn't bother me in the least.   

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

That they announced a game and has been 3 years and it still not released, and in all this time the marketing about it was minimal, it killed any hype the game could have had.

Even here people are joking the game will come 2020+, that's the message they build for the game doing that.

People don't need to understand their situation, they choose to announce it big time when they did and up until now have been very bad at constructing a good image about its release 

It's not because you are dedicated to following its news about its changes and development progress, for the general public its not working at all.

MM made a game able to sell 6M copies launching sooner in the PS3 life, they are definitely dropping the ball with this one marketing wise, do you think it can go and sell this much even being a mid to late in tje PS4 life? I don't think so, and there we have a huge problem.

We'll see. There are two choices: A game that releases at the perfect time to take optimal advantage for sales or a game that is so fucking unique and incredible that it sells on pure innovation alone. Where Dreams will fall ... who knows. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Josh Scherr from Naughty Dog i think said it was a proper game engine on twitter.

Media Molecule have astronomic ambitions man.

BraLoD said:

That they announced a game and has been 3 years and it still not released, and in all this time the marketing about it was minimal, it killed any hype the game could have had.

Even here people are joking the game will come 2020+, that's the message they build for the game doing that.

People don't need to understand their situation, they choose to announce it big time when they did and up until now have been very bad at constructing a good image about its release 

It's not because you are dedicated to following its news about its changes and development progress, for the general public its not working at all.

MM made a game able to sell 6M copies launching sooner in the PS3 life, they are definitely dropping the ball with this one marketing wise, do you think it can go and sell this much even being a mid to late in tje PS4 life? I don't think so, and there we have a huge problem.

I don't understand why you are worried about marketing for this game when we don't even have a release date. Just like with LBP we will see a ton of marketing since Dreams seems to be the one of only games Sony are releasing in late 2018 and we know a beta is coming up and with the right community members involved i don't see why this wouldn't get a ton of word of mouth when they start properly recreating 3d Mario levels and games and when they start to create insane art pieces and/or music scores with the tools then surely it will get out there.

I honestly just think they should make trailers that zone in on the creative aspect and the co-op stuff but the co-op stuff doesn't seem to be ready upon launch which is too bad but thats how it is i guess.

Lastly i think when they implement VR the game is truly going to take shape. Imagine just being in the overworld lobby in VR and looking at your friend to the side as they place stuff into the world etc. This game has limitless potential in many regards, and i think their approach is doing it right. The main reason the game has taken so long to come out is that they needed another year to make a proper granular synth for the sound in the game and it has really paid off as we could see on their livestreams. I even think their single player campaign seems to be compelling.

Areaz32 said:

Josh Scherr from Naughty Dog i think said it was a proper game engine on twitter.

Media Molecule have astronomic ambitions man.

and they plan to have a social network with instant work sharing on top of that!!