By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Belgian man convicted for sexism, will be jailed if fine isn't paid, Under new law.

I find this...

Funny. 10 16.39%

Absurd. 20 32.79%

Scary. 16 26.23%

Sexist. 7 11.48%

Indifferent/comments... 8 13.11%

Total:61

North Korea should do their tests in Belgium.

Around the Network
GorillaQc said:

What test is that exactly?

super_etecoon said:
GorillaQc said:

Nuclear weapons testing.
Of course i was exagerating. But i mean, when a country starts having laws this retarded. It's time the country needs a big change. This is so damn stupidly retarded i have no words to describe it. 

GorillaQc said:
super_etecoon said:

Nuclear weapons testing.
Of course i was exagerating. But i mean, when a country starts having laws this retarded. It's time the country needs a big change. This is so damn stupidly retarded i have no words to describe it. 

And what change are you inferring?

I think that was more for not respecting police authority,  than sexism.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
GorillaQc said:

Nuclear weapons testing.

And what change are you inferring?

Anything, as long as the country changes in the end. The nuclear bombing was just a dark joke. Laws like this are completely unacceptable, no matter where you live and people should do something about it. No laws this stupid should exist. I know every country has their stupid laws, but this is not acceptable, seriously, freedom of speech should be one of the most important things in a society. Think about how far this can go, if now in Belgium you can be put in jail for such stupid reasons, just think about what could be next ? Being put in jail for having a different opinion than the majority ? Of course i'm using an extreme exemple but you get the point. 

All in all, the problem lies in today's society, instead of the laws being made for justice, they are made for order. This is dumb and should change in every country. 

Insulting a police officer is one thing and one thing only, an insult. Now if you add sexism to the mix, you might as well start locking people up for being assholes. This is very shady and dangerous territory and with time we're going to need way more asterixis to our basic freedoms.

RolStoppable said:
forest-spirit said:
Hm, a law that punishes stupidity. I'm fine with that.

Seriously, just don't be a worthless idiot and you'll be fine.

Don't be an idiot and you will be fine. Be an idiot and you will be fined.

That... makes sense.

It's probably a police force slogan somewhere.

GorillaQc said:
super_etecoon said:

Nuclear weapons testing.

Yes, being fined for calling a policewoman a whore and being uncooperative (to say the least) during an arrest is so bad that we need to bring in the nukes.

That transcript =))) i bet she was on her period if she got triggered by that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

forest-spirit said:
RolStoppable said:

Don't be an idiot and you will be fine. Be an idiot and you will be fined.

That... makes sense.

It's probably a police force slogan somewhere.

GorillaQc said:

Nuclear weapons testing.

Yes, being fined for calling a policewoman a whore and being uncooperative (to say the least) during an arrest is so bad that we need to bring in the nukes.

You didn't get the joke right ?

Also, her being a policewoman shouldn't make her worth more than other people FFS. They should NOT have more rights than other people unless we are talking about things like having firearms and this kind of stuff, which have to do with their jobs.

Anyways, i'm done with this thread, i said what i thought about all this stupidity.