By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Gamers Club - Final Update, February 29th 2020

KilleyMc said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Oh that's a bummer, I assumed you had a non-Nintendo system. Stuff does go on sale on the eshop and it should adjust for price drops, certainly will for Nintendo games atleast, so perhaps going digital might be better? Also how would waiting decrease the amount of games you can get?

I might need to buy a PS4 soon to play some turn-based JRPGs that interest me, but until this year I was doing fine with just the 3DS and Wii U. Edit: forgot I have a Vita too, poor thing... 

The last part is hard to explain and it's entirely due to my preference for physical over digital games that clashes head on with the fact that I live in a small country where Nintendo's presence is almost non-existent; the catalogue available here is limited and the price of Switch games falls between $ 89 and $ 110. My best option then is to import games from the US, moreso when we are allowed to import 3 packages a year without paying taxes, provided that any of the individual packages doesn't exceed $ 200 on merchandise. To have that possibility and not use it every year 'cause I don't have the console yet would be a waste, and given the difference in prices and titles available for example in Amazon vs my local store, it would effectively decrease the number of games that I would end up buying. 

I'm all about physical as well so I understand ya. With all the games you already have for it, why not just get a Switch then instead of PS4? What is it you're hoping a Switch revision will do?

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I'm all about physical as well so I understand ya. With all the games you already have for it, why not just get a Switch then instead of PS4? What is it you're hoping a Switch revision will do?

I only bought 6 games for Switch so far and need a bit more to buy a system, none of my favorite Nintendo IPs or third party exclusives are there yet. A revision I'd like needs to have a d-pad and be smaller, basically the joy-cons need to go and I wouldn't mind if the dock disappears too.

I got dead cells : physical copy

Two more digital non Nintendo games for me.

Plus, this week's top ten has 9 Switch games. Who woulda thunkit, eh?

Around the Network
KilleyMc said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I only bought 6 games for Switch so far and need a bit more to buy a system, none of my favorite Nintendo IPs or third party exclusives are there yet. A revision I'd like needs to have a d-pad and be smaller, basically the joy-cons need to go and I wouldn't mind if the dock disappears too.

I'm skeptical of a revision with a change in size as I'd think they'd want the Joy-Cons to fit on all Switches. A left Joy-Con with D-Pad I really want as well, but at this point I fear it'll never happen. There is a 3rd party one but it lacks a lot of features and drains the Switch's battery faster. All of Nintendo's IPs will be hitting the system for sure so there's that atleast!

Some decent discounts lately - combined with local eshop cards being 15% off. Add the following for me:

Flip Wars (D)

Picross: S2 (D)

10 third party games - all digital.

I sell/trade games a lot, but here is what I have currently.  All games are Physical.

Splatoon 2 (P)
Mario Kart 8D (P)
Arms (P)
Mario + Rabbids (P)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (P)
Zelda: Breath of the Wild (P)
Super Mario Odyssey (P)

+5 third party games (all P)

Nice! Thanks for all the hard work, Rol.

Thanks for updating Rol, this is great work.