By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Gamers Club - Final Update, February 29th 2020

Lonely_Dolphin said: 
KilleyMc said:

Hoping for a redesign before getting one so in the meantime I'm buying some of the games that I would like to play on it. If it doesn't get a redesign that I like then I can always hope that the next console has BC.

It would be better to wait until you know you're going to buy the system first, this way you wont essentially be wasting money on bricks over games you can play right away, plus you'll be able to get those games cheaper later.

I wish I could buy more games for my 3DS instead, but Nintendo isn't exactly showing much love for the platform lately. As for the possibility of getting the games later for a cheaper price, believe me, that never happens in my country and the only thing I would be doing by waiting is decreasing the total number of games that I would be able to buy for the system. 

Around the Network
KilleyMc said:
Lonely_Dolphin said: 

It would be better to wait until you know you're going to buy the system first, this way you wont essentially be wasting money on bricks over games you can play right away, plus you'll be able to get those games cheaper later.

I wish I could buy more games for my 3DS instead, but Nintendo isn't exactly showing much love for the platform lately. As for the possibility of getting the games later for a cheaper price, believe me, that never happens in my country and the only thing I would be doing by waiting is decreasing the total number of games that I would be able to buy for the system. 

Oh that's a bummer, I assumed you had a non-Nintendo system. Stuff does go on sale on the eshop and it should adjust for price drops, certainly will for Nintendo games atleast, so perhaps going digital might be better? Also how would waiting decrease the amount of games you can get?

I got:

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, physical.

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Oh that's a bummer, I assumed you had a non-Nintendo system. Stuff does go on sale on the eshop and it should adjust for price drops, certainly will for Nintendo games atleast, so perhaps going digital might be better? Also how would waiting decrease the amount of games you can get?

I might need to buy a PS4 soon to play some turn-based JRPGs that interest me, but until this year I was doing fine with just the 3DS and Wii U. Edit: forgot I have a Vita too, poor thing... 

The last part is hard to explain and it's entirely due to my preference for physical over digital games that clashes head on with the fact that I live in a small country where Nintendo's presence is almost non-existent; the catalogue available here is limited and the price of Switch games falls between $ 89 and $ 110. My best option then is to import games from the US, moreso when we are allowed to import 3 packages a year without paying taxes, provided that any of the individual packages doesn't exceed $ 200 on merchandise. To have that possibility and not use it every year 'cause I don't have the console yet would be a waste, and given the difference in prices and titles available for example in Amazon vs my local store, it would effectively decrease the number of games that I would end up buying. 

Last edited by KilleyMc - on 28 August 2018

I bought a physical copy of Monster Hunter.

Around the Network

Got a physical copy of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Recently I got:

- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (physical)
- Kirby: Star Allies (physical)
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (physical)

Planning on getting either Mario Tennis Aces or Super Mario Odyssey next, either way I'll end up getting both by the end of the year along with Super Mario Party, Smash and Pokémon.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Got Nintendo Labo Variety Kit and the Robot Kit the other day. Physical... obviously... =P

Also got one new third party title. Also physical.

Media Markt sold 3 switch games for 111 Euros, that's why. Just in case you wondered. My son goes absolutely nuts about Labo and it was a pretty good deal for both kits, I suppose.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I got a digital copy of Hollow Knight!

Got Wolfenstein II