By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Tomb Raider (2018) reviews and Box Office- 48 Metacritic, 50% Rotten Tomatoes, $211m

I was actually pretty decent. had no problem enjoying it.

it's one of the best video game movies I've seen for a very long long time.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Funny how Mortal Kombat is #1 and last.. I really enjoyed those movies.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Naum said:
I was actually pretty decent. had no problem enjoying it.

it's one of the best video game movies I've seen for a very long long time.

Me and my girlfriend thought the same, we really enjoyed it. While I agree with what was said about the characters (apart from Lara) were quite forgettable, pretty much everything else was good. The action scenes, stealth scenes and special effects were all well done, I know it was never going to completely blow people away like the BIG movies like avatar, Star Wars etc. but it never was intended to be like this.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Update on the box office: As expected it opened with 23.5 millions on US (Better than the 21 millions from Craddle of Life but worse than the 47 million from the first one) and currently made 102.5 millions on the foreign market making a total of 126 millions.

That is actually a pretty damn good opening for its budget, on the foreign market it already topped Craddle of Life's 90 millions and it could top the first one's 140 millions until next week.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

shikamaru317 said:

Did pretty well in China, $41m, WB's 7th largest opening in China ever.

I'm going to guess China will end up at $80M-$85M, if it holds up close to how Thor:R did (2.1x multiplier), but it may perform worse and end at $65M-$75M.  China will have to make the difference up, though, as it seems it is opening lower in other markets compared to the AJ version, at least where we have opening numbers available.  LC:TR opened with $2.64M in AU, TR opened with $2.1M, 20.5% lower.  LC:TR opened with $4.68M in Germany, TR opened with $2.1M, 55.1% lower.  And in the UK, LC:TR opened with $5.42M, TR opened with $4.2M, 22.5% lower. 

TR benefits from the fact that many territories have become larger markets, especially China.  Still, I don't expect the legs on this to be that good.  Should definitely beat LC:TR's FBO numbers, but without the DBO, I doubt TR will reach its $274.7M WW take.  Might not even make the ~$240M it needs to break even.

Around the Network

50% on Rotten Tomatoes with 208 reviews. Makes it the best reviewed VG movie of all time on RT. IMO reviewers have an inbuilt bias against video game adaptations so for me 50% = fresh for video game movies. I've generally heard good things from gamer reviewers who like the new gen Tomb Raider games. So I will see this in theatre (my cut off for seeing a VG movie in theatre is 45%, unless it's from a game I really like), and I expect to be suitably entertained as I have realistic expectations.

I also want to see a sequel made that is not a direct adaptation from the game. It's really possible for Lara Croft the movie character to diverge from and become a different set of stories to Lara Croft the game character. Shift the movie character focus to better story, character and drama and less about the action elements from video game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

As far as I'm concerned, Wreck it Ralph is the best video game movie I have ever seen.

I saw it yesterday. It was pretty meh. They didn't chose a good actrice for this. No boobs and no ass. Too manly .

The asian captain was the one showing the most skin. SE gives us asian hunk. No wonder it's doing okay in China lol.

The biggest problem was the script. God, you would think any director would know it when he read a script that ripped off the first scene of the Raiders of the lost Ark. But here we are. I don't think Tomb raider is getting a sequel for this one.

Last edited by Stefan.De.Machtige - on 25 March 2018

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Besides not having big enough breasts, the actress didn't seem like a Lara Croft at all. She's more like the cheapest decent acting actress they could find when they couldn't get who they wanted.

I can't figure out if people complaining about lack of sexiness are trolling or not. I hope it's the first one, but I don't think it is...

B O I