By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: Splatoon2 2018 Retail will outsell Splatoon2 2017 Retail (Japan)

As you read the title, this is a Bold Prediction, finally one that will be a challenge. Anyway to explain im going to bet here and now Splat2 in 2018 (japan) for retail sales will surpass 2017 retail sales. Of course im talking about Media Create so no1 say otherwise later :p

Ill be keeping track in post 2 more info, so keep on the look out for updates. Ill be doing this thread weekly as well as BotW one so check that out...

Your thoughts? This hardly if ever does happen. For a game to outsell its launch year is almost madness.... Madness im willing to bet on so just tell me im right or get ready for some crow!!!

2017 Sales 1765k

2018 Sales 532k (so far)

Jan: 232.5k (5week)

Feb: 86.8k

Mar: 81.8k

Apr: 75.9k

May: 29.8k

Jun:

Aug:

Sept:

Oct:

Nov:

Dec:

Last edited by tbone51 - on 13 May 2018

Around the Network

2018 track thread (weekly)

W01 117.8k (Jan)
W02 34.6k
W03 28.7k
W04 25.8k
W05 25.8k (Feb)
W06 23.5k
W07 21.8k
W08 19.5k
W09 22.0k
W10 22.2k (Mar)

W11 30.5k

W12 29.1k

W13 25.6k

W14 21.9k

W15 18.7k

W16 16.6k

W17 18.7k

W18 29.8k

W19

W20

Last edited by tbone51 - on 13 May 2018

Mar1217 said:
I mean, the Octo expansion certainly give it a good boost, but I still doubt it'll get this HIGH.

Anyway, don't you think might get overwhelmed by the amount of bold prédictions you've done these past months. Must be a pain to get track of all of them :P

Im only at 2 this year! The others were just bumps lol. Dont worry im not doin anymore for awhile. This one came across my mind as a possibility. I could be dead wrong but im willing to bet with this stakes! 

It may sound crazy, but I was thinking about this. I think it will come down to 3 things:

1- Switch base sales starting on April (new fiscal year, let's see how serious Nintendo is about shipping huge amounts)

2- The Octo expansion impact in Japan

3- Holiday boost

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
It may sound crazy, but I was thinking about this. I think it will come down to 3 things:

1- Switch base sales starting on April (new fiscal year, let's see how serious Nintendo is about shipping huge amounts)

2- The Octo expansion impact in Japan

3- Holiday boost

4- Bundle impact and longevity (kirby week we will see an increase)

Yes and 1 added number.

Ill add a better explanation soon, keep checkin! Glad someone else thought somethin similar!

Around the Network

I have a feeling Splatoon2 is going to be an extremely hot Esports option world wide which will push numbers for the life of the console.

I wonder how high it can climb on Japan's best selling games ever? This list shows Monster Hunter Portable 3 in tenth place with 4.7m units. Should be able to at least top that LT. That would also make it the second best selling home console title there, after the first Super Mario Bros. 
https://soranews24.com/2012/07/08/japans-best-selling-video-games-of-all-time/

I don't know, but I do know one thing... Marie and Pearl are gonna be loaded.

Last edited by Green098 - on 13 March 2018

mZuzek said:
Your thread title is very bad.

What do you mean? ;P

mZuzek said:
tbone51 said:

What do you mean? ;P

I mean it was hard (impossible, actually) to understand. But you fixed it already.

I did mean it as a joke but it was too messed up to understand lol.