By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Name 5-10 of the "MOST" Likeliest 1st Party Characters to make it into SSB Switch as Newcomers!

1) Rex/Pyra
I feel like Xenoblade will definitely get a 2nd rep and it will be Rex (unless there's another potential character from XC2). Don't know much about Xenoblade but I love their designs.

2) Bandana Dee
My personal most wanted newcomer. He's been recurring in pretty much every Kirby game since Return to Dreamland. He's been playable in 3 of those games, including Star Allies. Having a plot central role in Battle Royale. Also a spear would be a unique addition to the roster.

3) Gen 7/8 Pokemon
I think it's highly likely we're getting a Pokemon whether it'd be Gen 7 or the unannounced Gen 8. My guesses would be either Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Zeraora. Decidueye and Mimikyu both the most popular introduced within Gen 7. Zeraora has not been released yet but it feels like he's designed to be a fighter and would be very marketable.

4)Spring Man/ Ribbon Girl
The two most well-known faces of the ARMS series. Has a decent chance due to it's relevancy/recency and how much promotion their series has gotten.

5)Rhythm Heaven Character
A popular series and they would fit into an "out of the blue" character just like Wii Fit Trainer. My guess would be the Chorus Kids.

6)Takamaru
Smash typically has a "retro" representative for each iteration. Melee having ICs, Brawl having G&W, Sm4sh having Duck Hunt. I feel like this time around, it would be Takamaru.

7)Dixie/K. Rool
Donkey Kong can definitely use another character and either of these two would be most likely for their series. K. Rool being an extremely popular choice since the ballot days.

8)Toad/Captain Toad
Captain Toad has been gaining a lot of prominence especially with his game coming to the Switch. I wouldn't be surprised if he was added or another version of Toad.

9) Fire Emblem Character
Don't know much about Fire Emblem, other than the fact that it's very popular nowadays and has a HUGE pool of characters to choose from (hence why it had 6 characters in Sm4sh). If this is a new game, I'd think an existing FE character would be removed in favor of another more popular or recent one.

10) Isaac
Golden Sun has not seen a game in quite a while so I put him on the lower end of the list, but he still has a very vocal support base that wants him in the game.

Around the Network
Wasoodle said:
1) Rex/Pyra
I feel like Xenoblade will definitely get a 2nd rep and it will be Rex (unless there's another potential character from XC2). Don't know much about Xenoblade but I love their designs.

2) Bandana Dee
My personal most wanted newcomer. He's been recurring in pretty much every Kirby game since Return to Dreamland. He's been playable in 3 of those games, including Star Allies. Having a plot central role in Battle Royale. Also a spear would be a unique addition to the roster.

3) Gen 7/8 Pokemon
I think it's highly likely we're getting a Pokemon whether it'd be Gen 7 or the unannounced Gen 8. My guesses would be either Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Zeraora. Decidueye and Mimikyu both the most popular introduced within Gen 7. Zeraora has not been released yet but it feels like he's designed to be a fighter and would be very marketable.

4)Spring Man/ Ribbon Girl
The two most well-known faces of the ARMS series. Has a decent chance due to it's relevancy/recency and how much promotion their series has gotten.

5)Rhythm Heaven Character
A popular series and they would fit into an "out of the blue" character just like Wii Fit Trainer. My guess would be the Chorus Kids.

6)Takamaru
Smash typically has a "retro" representative for each iteration. Melee having ICs, Brawl having G&W, Sm4sh having Duck Hunt. I feel like this time around, it would be Takamaru.

7)Dixie/K. Rool
Donkey Kong can definitely use another character and either of these two would be most likely for their series. K. Rool being an extremely popular choice since the ballot days.

8)Toad/Captain Toad
Captain Toad has been gaining a lot of prominence especially with his game coming to the Switch. I wouldn't be surprised if he was added or another version of Toad.

9) Fire Emblem Character
Don't know much about Fire Emblem, other than the fact that it's very popular nowadays and has a HUGE pool of characters to choose from (hence why it had 6 characters in Sm4sh). If this is a new game, I'd think an existing FE character would be removed in favor of another more popular or recent one.

10) Isaac
Golden Sun has not seen a game in quite a while so I put him on the lower end of the list, but he still has a very vocal support base that wants him in the game.

Wow great list. When i make the thread later of top 10 most likely i think this list will be just about accurate! Rex/Pyra alot of people dunno have a huge chance giving the fact of XC more popular (and best selling) as well with Sakurai loving that game

1. Arms character
2. Xenoblade 2 character
3. A Gen 7 Pokemon
[4. Ice Climbers]
5. A FE 2018 character
6. Dillon

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
1. Arms character
2. Xenoblade 2 character
3. A Gen 7 Pokemon
[4. Ice Climbers]
5. A FE 2018 character
6. Dillon

Ice climbers is a guarateed return. Chances are literally 100%

Wolf is popular so he is pretty high (just not guranteed)

Part of me want ivysaur and squirtle back. They were so unique.... But i take a blastoise! Lol

Rex
Captain Toad
Kamek
Revali
Daruk
Mipha
Urbosa
Ice climbers
Arms character (prob Spring Man)

Around the Network

1. Inkling
2. Arms rep
3. Xenoblade 2 rep
4. Pokemon Gen 7 rep
5. Some NES character that gets brought back

1) Spring Man and Ribbon Girl - ARMS has proven to be a successful new IP and Spring Man & Ribbon Girl are the mascots.
2) Rex with Pyra/Mythra - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has helped the Xenoblade franchise ascend to a higher level and I am very confident that this game will be rewarded by having its own representative in Smash Bros. And who better than the main characters? I also think that they could create a really interesting, unique, and just awesome fighter with Rex if he has Pyra and Mythra supporting him here.

3) Gen 7 Pokemon - They'll most likely with one of the starters, specifically in their evolved forms, either Decidueye or Incineroar. I think Incineroar could work the most because of the whole wrestling gimmick he has going for him, though the thing he'd have going against him would be that he'd be another Fire type Pokemon if Charizard comes back. And if Greninja returns as well to represent Gen 6, that would leave just a Grass type Pokemon needed and because of that, I think Decidueye would get the nod over Incineroar.

4) Elma - With the entire Wii U library being ported over to the Switch, as it would seem, I think it's only a matter of time before we get Xenoblade Chronicles X. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that comes out this year. As a result, I think Elma, being the main character of that game, could get the nod to help sell that game again and achieve greater numbers, especially with the great success of '2'. And by having all 3 main protagonists of all 3 Xenoblade games, Shulk, Elma, and Rex, to represent the series would be another step in helping that franchise grow even further in popularity. Kind of like what Marth and Roy did for Fire Emblem in Melee, and what Lucina, Robin, and Corrin did for Awakening and Fates in Smash 4.

5) Breath of the Wild Champion(s) - I am very confident that we will get at least one of the Champions as a newcomer for Smash Switch. With Breath of the Wild's record-breaking sales, Zelda's popularity is at an all-time high. As a result, I think the Zelda series will get quite a bit more representation this time around. And we already know that it will be based on Breath of the Wild because it's that game's Link that was shown in the teaser and not Twilight Princess Link. The cool thing about this is that all 4 of them could be really great characters to play as. Out of the 4, I think Revali is the one that interests me the most because he would be the most different from the rest of the Zelda characters with his ability with the Bow and Arrow and being able to fly as part of the Rito tribe. Daruk would be the big, strong brute, basically a stronger, but slower Ganondorf, in the same class as Bowser in that regard. Urbosa would be somewhat of a bridge between Sheik and Ganondorf. Mipha also interests me, almost as much as Revali, in that her fighting abilities with her Spear and Water abilities as a Zora can really make her stand on her on as much as Revali. Honestly, I'd be OK with either one of these 4.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 13 March 2018

tbone51 said:
Platina said:
1. Arms character
2. Xenoblade 2 character
3. A Gen 7 Pokemon
[4. Ice Climbers]
5. A FE 2018 character
6. Dillon

I put them in brackets because they are technically not newcomers

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
tbone51 said:

I put them in brackets because they are technically not newcomers

I gotcha. If i were to make a thread and i can allow previous characters in the mix... IC would be at the number 1 spot. Them and inklings were guarantees

There is 1 character that no1 is mentioning which im a bit surprised about..... Hmmmmm