By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Guardian article: "How video games are fuelling the rise of the far right"

Is this real life?

I want to believe 2 10.53%

Dialectical materialism s... 17 89.47%

Total:19

There is definitely not a movement to right. Things are definitely going more left.

Around the Network

*facepalm*

And this is one of my go-to news sites...

Johnw1104 said:

I can't think of anything that's fueling the rise of extreme ideologies more than the sensationalist news outlets (as in all of them) that get spread throughout social media to those most inclined to agree with and absorb their dire content. Here the Guardian is accusing others of "fueling the far right" with an article designed to stoke the flames they're complaining about.

Jon-Erich said:
The first thing that needs to be said is that the Guardian is complete garbage,
fatslob-:O said:

Edit: The Guardian is the liberal equivalent of Fox News ... 

SecondWar said:
*facepalm*

This is not an article written or supported by The Guardian. This is the opinion of one guy (an assistant professor) who isn't related to the site at all. Media often let people (usually teachers, writers, researchers...) write opinion pieces, which the news outlet then publishes on their site. They usually offer a wide variety of opinions, and some of them can be quite controversial. However, this does not mean that the news outlet supports this or that they want their readers to believe this.

I felt it the same when I played Super Mario Odyssey, the rich saoudian prince, who kidnaps a blond western girl for his harem, saved by the western european stereotype

since when is restoring natural harmony an exclusively right-wing rhetoric.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

It seems video games are responsible for everything these days.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

What often pisses gamers off is when video games get dragged into politics. I'm not talking about a game that has a political message. In fact, nobody talks about that very much. I'm talking about when gaming as a hobby is unnecessarily dragged into politics. Then when gamers complain about that, they're given labels. They're called far right or alt-right, or Nazis. They're called this even though gamers in general are all over the place on the political spectrum. Many people who play games want to escape for a little while and get away from all the politics and these jackasses want to bring the politics to the gaming community. It's disgusting.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

This is the best article ever.

When do people finally understand that Zelda is barely ever about "princess recovery" though?

Flilix said:
Johnw1104 said:

I can't think of anything that's fueling the rise of extreme ideologies more than the sensationalist news outlets (as in all of them) that get spread throughout social media to those most inclined to agree with and absorb their dire content. Here the Guardian is accusing others of "fueling the far right" with an article designed to stoke the flames they're complaining about.

Jon-Erich said:
The first thing that needs to be said is that the Guardian is complete garbage,
fatslob-:O said:

Edit: The Guardian is the liberal equivalent of Fox News ... 

SecondWar said:
*facepalm*

This is not an article written or supported by The Guardian. This is the opinion of one guy (an assistant professor) who isn't related to the site at all. Media often let people (usually teachers, writers, researchers...) write opinion pieces, which the news outlet then publishes on their site. They usually offer a wide variety of opinions, and some of them can be quite controversial. However, this does not mean that the news outlet supports this or that they want their readers to believe this.

What? Do you know anything about The Guardian newspaper? It's a total joke! This will have been signed off by one of their Multicult obsessed looney left editors. 

This is very funny... it is... but i think this discussion is an "Politics Discussion" not "Gaming Discussion".