By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Guardian article: "How video games are fuelling the rise of the far right"

Is this real life?

I want to believe 2 10.53%

Dialectical materialism s... 17 89.47%

Total:19

Wow what next? Are they gonna accuse video games of gun violence in hopes of saving their dying viewership? Oh wait...

Around the Network

And then people wonder how people like Trump gain such traction with his cries of "fake news!"

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Well that's funny, I've always thought that the AAA gaming demographic tended to lean liberal ...

Most people here or on ResetERA don't seem to be a fan of Trump, the Republicans or the alt-right ... 

Edit: The Guardian is the liberal equivalent of Fox News ... 

Last edited by fatslob-:O - on 12 March 2018

Ugh.

This is the funniest thing I read all day.

Also today I learned that Mario, Zelda and Splatoon are far right games that inspired Nazis.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I refuse to believe this isn't satire.

Don't really buy it. This the 18-25 year old (which is the prime gaming audience) voter map from the last US election:

Trump gets blown out completely, he even loses the South and Texas, lol. Guardian is just spinning the same thing old right wing farts try to do when they try to blame video games for gun violence. 

Old farts are the ones that are the primary voting block of the "far right".

It seems every other day I see an example of Poe's Law in the culture war. Today we see a member of the Ctrl-Left attempting to label stuff they don't understand as part of the Alt-Right.

melbye said:
They are wrong, the far left is fueling the far right

Basically this. If the left didn’t have so many people trying to act like a vocal majority on the internet and in the education system, most other people would realize that they’re nothing more than a minority that is full of crap, and ignore them so that life can go on. Same with the far right. It’s just a small group of idiots on both sides fueling each otger’s numbers by using internet-esq trolling tactics. Reality is that the majority of us don’t give two shits; we’re just stuck in a cross fire of endless whining. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Jesus Christ...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).