By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who do you predict will win World Cup 2018?

 

Who will win WC 2018?

Germany 21 26.58%
 
England 4 5.06%
 
Argentina 6 7.59%
 
Brazil 25 31.65%
 
Portugal 5 6.33%
 
Spain 1 1.27%
 
France 5 6.33%
 
Russia 2 2.53%
 
Others 10 12.66%
 
Total:79
mZuzek said:
Rogerioandrade said:

I think people in my country are overconfident due to our team´s performance at the qualifiers.....

We  had the only organized team in the region, that´s why they qualified so effortlessly. 

I'm Argentine, so take that as you will.

I thought you were Brazilian?



Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
mZuzek said:

I'm Argentine, so take that as you will.

I thought you were Brazilian?

He has citizenship for Argentina but is a permanent resident in Brazil.



HomokHarcos said:
VGPolyglot said:

I thought you were Brazilian?

He has citizenship for Argentina but is a permanent resident in Brazil.

And wasn't born in either country.

Nice to know my last time explaining this wasn't in vain!



mZuzek said:
HomokHarcos said:

He has citizenship for Argentina but is a permanent resident in Brazil.

And wasn't born in either country.

Nice to know my last time explaining this wasn't in vain!

So, you're trilingual?



VGPolyglot said:
mZuzek said:

And wasn't born in either country.

Nice to know my last time explaining this wasn't in vain!

So, you're trilingual?

I wouldn't quite say that. Though I can speak and understand spanish, I'm not too great at it, especially writing. I'd only consider myself fluent in portuguese and english.



Around the Network
mZuzek said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, you're trilingual?

I wouldn't quite say that. Though I can speak and understand spanish, I'm not too great at it, especially writing. I'd only consider myself fluent in portuguese and english.

So you grew up in Brazil?



VGPolyglot said:
mZuzek said:

I wouldn't quite say that. Though I can speak and understand spanish, I'm not too great at it, especially writing. I'd only consider myself fluent in portuguese and english.

So you grew up in Brazil?

Yeah, pretty much all my life (since I was 11 months old, to be exact). While I do speak spanish everyday with my family and occasionally with relatives, I think because it's a rather limited environment (and one where everyone also understands portuguese), it doesn't help much when I'm trying to communicate in spanish with other people.



mZuzek said:
VGPolyglot said:

So you grew up in Brazil?

Yeah, pretty much all my life (since I was 11 months old, to be exact). While I do speak spanish everyday with my family and occasionally with relatives, I think because it's a rather limited environment (and one where everyone also understands portuguese), it doesn't help much when I'm trying to communicate in spanish with other people.

So, you've lived in Brazil for that long but still don't have citizenship?



VGPolyglot said:
mZuzek said:

Yeah, pretty much all my life (since I was 11 months old, to be exact). While I do speak spanish everyday with my family and occasionally with relatives, I think because it's a rather limited environment (and one where everyone also understands portuguese), it doesn't help much when I'm trying to communicate in spanish with other people.

So, you've lived in Brazil for that long but still don't have citizenship?

I have a permanent visa, so it's enough. I honestly don't want to get the citizenship as that would involve a lot of burocracy and I'm not sure it'd be worth it, I don't really see a lot of benefits to it (and I do see at least one big negative, which is having to vote).



mZuzek said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, you've lived in Brazil for that long but still don't have citizenship?

I have a permanent visa, so it's enough. I honestly don't want to get the citizenship as that would involve a lot of burocracy and I'm not sure it'd be worth it, I don't really see a lot of benefits to it (and I do see at least one big negative, which is having to vote).

Oh yeah, I forgot about mandatory voting. I have dual citizenship, which sucks because the United States is like the only country where you have to file for taxes if you don't even live and work there (so, I have to file for American and Canadian taxes).