By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Black Panther Currently @ $700M+ DBO, $1.34B+ WW

It's looking like it's going to be number 1 again this weekend. It outgrossed Tomb Raider on Thursday 3.6 million to 2.1 million. It's going to be close but it seem to like it's going to be number 1 again.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
It's looking like it's going to be number 1 again this weekend. It outgrossed Tomb Raider on Thursday 3.6 million to 2.1 million. It's going to be close but it seem to like it's going to be number 1 again.

Yea, I think BOM has over predicted both films slightly. I think BP will probably be down 40%, so $24.5M. And I don't see TR doing much above $22M. Either way, BP should be on top. 

With Friday's numbers, BP has passed $585M ($585.9M) at the DBO. It has only $37.5M more to go to enter the all time Top 5 for the DBO. I think it's safe to say it will easily make it there. The question is where does it stop. It is currently tracking 8.9% above Avengers. If this continues, it will end up at $678.8M. This would secure it into the Top 3 at the DBO.

I'll update with WW numbers if FBO comes in today.

Weekend estimates are in. BP has crossed $605M ($605.4M) at the DBO, and $1.18B WW. It now only needs $17.96M to make it into the Top 5 DBO, which it will most likely pull off for by this time next week. It needs $94M more to make it into the Top 10 WW.

At this point, BP is 9.5% above Avengers for the same time frame. If this continues, it will end its DBO run at $682.6M. If the 48.8% that FBO represents holds, then it will finish at $1.333B.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 18 March 2018

Yesterday's actuals are in and they now put BP past $1.2B WW. BP has, so far, made $612.1M at the DBO, which means it is $11.26M away from entering the all time Top 5 DBO. And combined with its FBO of $590.4M, it is now $74M away from entering the all time Top 10 WW.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
thismeintiel said:
Yesterday's actuals are in and they now put BP past $1.2B WW. BP has, so far, made $612.1M at the DBO, which means it is $11.26M away from entering the all time Top 5 DBO. And combined with its FBO of $590.4M, it is now $74M away from entering the all time Top 10 WW.

Holy shit that's insane! :o 

Yep.  It gets even more insane when you consider that so far it's tracking 9.5% above Avengers.  If that holds, it'll end its DBO run at $682.6M, which will put it at #3 for all time DBO.  And if the current FBO percentage (49.1%) holds, it'll end with a WW take of $1.341B, which would put it at #9 for all time WW, just ~$500K behind Harry Potter ATDH Part 2.

thismeintiel said:

Weekend estimates are in. BP has crossed $605M ($605.4M) at the DBO, and $1.18B WW. It now only needs $17.96M to make it into the Top 5 DBO, which it will most likely pull off for by this time next week. It needs $94M more to make it into the Top 10 WW.

At this point, BP is 9.5% above Avengers for the same time frame. If this continues, it will end its DBO run at $682.6M. If the 48.8% that FBO represents holds, then it will finish at $1.333B.

I really wish box office runs were done by ticket sales instead of revenue, it makes comparisons much harder between films.

Just a quick update. BP will 100% be passing TLJ and Avengers this weekend to enter the Top 5 DBO. Probably after just today. With Fri's take of $4.39M, DBO is now at $618.6M. It is just $1.25M behind TLJ and $4.71M behind Avengers.

It is official. Black Panther is now #5 in the all time Top 5 DBO. It's weekend take of $16.7M has taken it to $630.9M, passing Avenger's $623.4M. It is currently 10.2% above Avengers for the same time period. If this continues to hold, it will end its run at the DBO with $686.9M. And if the FBO percentage of 49% holds, it will end with a WW take of $1.347B. This would place it at #8 in the all time Top 10 WW, pushing Frozen out of the Top 10, TLJ down to #10, and pushing HP8 down to #9.

Weekend actuals are in. BP has crossed $650M ($650.92M) at the DBO, and $1.27B WW. It needs just $1.35M to become #4 in the Top 5 DBO. It needs just $1.45M more to make it into the Top 10 WW.

At this point, BP is 10.9% above Avengers for the same time frame. If this continues, it will end its DBO run at $691.3M. If the 48.9% that FBO represents holds, then it will finish at $1.352B.