By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Black Panther Currently @ $700M+ DBO, $1.34B+ WW

Lawlight said:
So, is the movie any good?

Ranks up there with Marvel's best.  It has a few flaws with CGI in a couple places and a less than impressive final 1 on 1 fight but they are easily overlooked thanks to great casting, story and writing.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:
So, is the movie any good?

Ranks up there with Marvel's best.  It has a few flaws with CGI in a couple places and a less than impressive final 1 on 1 fight but they are easily overlooked thanks to great casting, story and writing.

What’s Marvel’s best btw?

Lawlight said:
SpokenTruth said:

What’s Marvel’s best btw?

Tough question and that will probably vary person to person.

The Avengers, Captain America: Civil War and Guardians of the Galaxy are usually high on the ranks by most lists.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

If its over $1.2 billion by Monday than its pretty much guaranteed to finish over $1.4 billion by the time its theatrical run is done.

It's looking like it's going to be number 1 again this weekend. It outgrossed Tomb Raider on Thursday 3.6 million to 2.1 million. It's going to be close but it seem to like it's going to be number 1 again.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
It's looking like it's going to be number 1 again this weekend. It outgrossed Tomb Raider on Thursday 3.6 million to 2.1 million. It's going to be close but it seem to like it's going to be number 1 again.

Yea, I think BOM has over predicted both films slightly. I think BP will probably be down 40%, so $24.5M. And I don't see TR doing much above $22M. Either way, BP should be on top. 

With Friday's numbers, BP has passed $585M ($585.9M) at the DBO. It has only $37.5M more to go to enter the all time Top 5 for the DBO. I think it's safe to say it will easily make it there. The question is where does it stop. It is currently tracking 8.9% above Avengers. If this continues, it will end up at $678.8M. This would secure it into the Top 3 at the DBO.

I'll update with WW numbers if FBO comes in today.

Weekend estimates are in. BP has crossed $605M ($605.4M) at the DBO, and $1.18B WW. It now only needs $17.96M to make it into the Top 5 DBO, which it will most likely pull off for by this time next week. It needs $94M more to make it into the Top 10 WW.

At this point, BP is 9.5% above Avengers for the same time frame. If this continues, it will end its DBO run at $682.6M. If the 48.8% that FBO represents holds, then it will finish at $1.333B.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 18 March 2018

Yesterday's actuals are in and they now put BP past $1.2B WW. BP has, so far, made $612.1M at the DBO, which means it is $11.26M away from entering the all time Top 5 DBO. And combined with its FBO of $590.4M, it is now $74M away from entering the all time Top 10 WW.

thismeintiel said:
Yesterday's actuals are in and they now put BP past $1.2B WW. BP has, so far, made $612.1M at the DBO, which means it is $11.26M away from entering the all time Top 5 DBO. And combined with its FBO of $590.4M, it is now $74M away from entering the all time Top 10 WW.

Holy shit that's insane! :o