By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Predition Achieved: Zelda has outsold Mario! (BotW vs. Odyssey)

Tagged games:

tbone51 said:
Jumpin said:

I believe Breath of the Wild will sell 1 million, eclipsing Odyssey’s count. The Switch will return to Nintendo’s glory days, we can expect to see games surpassing 1 million copies.

Where did this all originate from Jumpin?

I admit I miscalculated a little... and perhaps was less familiar with sales data than I should have been. Now that I know better, and have studied sources like Famitsu, VG Charts, and NPD... as well as population growth rebuttals against Malthus's Essay on the Principals of Population, Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations, Karl Marx's Das Kapital, and the Drake equation... I'm revising my Breath of the Wild sales prediction to 100 billion units.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 05 December 2021

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
tbone51 said:

I admit I miscalculated a little... and perhaps was less familiar with sales data than I should have been. Now that I know better, and have studied sources like Famitsu, VG Charts, and NPD... as well as population growth rebuttals against Malthus's Essay on the Principals of Population, Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations, Karl Marx's Das Kapital, and the Drake equation... I'm revising my Breath of the Wild sales prediction to 100 billion units.

Only 100 billion, you need to stop being so pessimistic, googol is the absolute floor for a title like this. You've completely underestimated the galactic and interdimensional market. Honestly can't see it selling and less than infinity at this point.

Jumpin said:
tbone51 said:

Don't you think 100 billion is a bit much?  I mean, it's not Animal Crossing we are talking about.  Maybe just 50 billion.