By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendos 2018 Line up is pretty boring for me, so far

curl-6 said:
VGPolyglot said:

What is the 1 game? This year has Yoshi, Kirby, Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros. (I know you don't like SSB but that game is just too big to omit).

Wolfenstein II. And how big Smash is doesn't really matter, I don't want it. Yoshi I might buy, but the E3 showing made it look like you can't flip the world at will in single player but have to play each side of each level separately, which would be a dealbreaker for me.

Flip the world at will? I don't see what the big deal is about that.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
curl-6 said:

Wolfenstein II. And how big Smash is doesn't really matter, I don't want it. Yoshi I might buy, but the E3 showing made it look like you can't flip the world at will in single player but have to play each side of each level separately, which would be a dealbreaker for me.

Well, they way they presented it at E3, it sound like you'd have to play through the whole level once, memorize everything on that side, then go back and play the whole other side without being able to just change between the two when you want. That would be unbelievably tedious and annoying, imagine finding some thing you can change to affect the other side and being like "oh, now I have to go back and play the whole damn level again" instead of being able to just flip and do it then and there. Besides which, I just watched the E3 trailer again and honestly the game just looks really boring.

curl-6 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, they way they presented it at E3, it sound like you'd have to play through the whole level once, memorize everything on that side, then go back and play the whole other side without being able to just change between the two when you want. That would be unbelievably tedious and annoying, imagine finding some thing you can change to affect the other side and being like "oh, now I have to go back and play the whole damn level again" instead of being able to just flip and do it then and there. Besides which, I just watched the E3 trailer again and honestly the game just looks really boring.

Is instant flipping something other Yoshi games had? I've never heard of that before.

VGPolyglot said:
curl-6 said:

Is instant flipping something other Yoshi games had? I've never heard of that before.

No other Yoshi game has been built around this mechanic before. Still though, the game just looks dull and tedious, not something that would be worth my time or money.

curl-6 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Which games did the Wii U offer that the Switch doesn't? Fatal Frame?

Well, in 2013 I bought Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and COD Ghosts.

In 2014 I bought Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and Captain Toad.

In 2015 I bought Splatoon, Fatal Frame, Fast Racing Neo, Xenoblade X, and Yoshi's Woolly World.

In 2013 you bought no games in the first half of the year.

In 2014 you bought 2 games in the first half of the year.

In 2015 you bought 1 game in the first half of the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Well, in 2013 I bought Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and COD Ghosts.

In 2014 I bought Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and Captain Toad.

In 2015 I bought Splatoon, Fatal Frame, Fast Racing Neo, Xenoblade X, and Yoshi's Woolly World.

In 2013 you bought no games in the first half of the year.

In 2014 you bought 2 games in the first half of the year.

In 2015 you bought 1 game in the first half of the year.

Yes. So 2018 is currently trending on par with Wii U's 2013 but needs at least 3 more games in the second half of the year to stay on par.

Nintendo Switch games

2017 (Q1-Q2, release in March) : Legend of Zelda (port), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (port), ARMS, Snipperclips, 1-2-Switch, Fast RMX, Minecraft (port), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (port), Binding of Isaac (port), Puyo Puyo Tetris

2018 (Q1-Q2): Celeste, Night in the Woods, Owlboy, Bayonetta 1+2 (port), Kirby Star Allies, Nintendo Labo, South Park (port), Donkey Kong Country (port), Hyrule Warriors (port), Runner 3, Dark Souls Remastered, Mario Tennis Aces

And that's excluding Crash and Octopath Traveler...

I don't see the desert. Only a mirage.

GuyDuke said:

Nintendo Switch games

2017 (Q1-Q2, release in March) : Legend of Zelda (port), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (port), ARMS, Snipperclips, 1-2-Switch, Fast RMX, Minecraft (port), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (port), Binding of Isaac (port), Puyo Puyo Tetris

2018 (Q1-Q2): Celeste, Night in the Woods, Owlboy, Bayonetta 1+2 (port), Kirby Star Allies, Nintendo Labo, South Park (port), Donkey Kong Country (port), Hyrule Warriors (port), Runner 3, Dark Souls Remastered, Mario Tennis Aces

Honestly, Q1-2 is pretty much always weak on Nintendo consoles, last time they had a decent one was in 2010.

curl-6 said:
GuyDuke said:

Nintendo Switch games

Honestly, Q1-2 is pretty much always weak on Nintendo consoles, last time they had a decent one was in 2010.

Indeed. And even though, I won't pay half these games. And many interests me.

GuyDuke said:
curl-6 said:

Indeed. And even though, I won't pay half these games. And many interests me.

I think the difference this year versus last is that back in March 2017 I at least had Zelda, plus Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, and Splatoon 2 scheduled for semester 2. This time around there's not only nothing for me to play now, but hardly anything look forward to for the rest of the year. Granted, a strong E3 could change that, it's just not looking very interesting right now.