By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendos 2018 Line up is pretty boring for me, so far

curl-6 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Maybe your interest in gaming isn't as high as it was before though.

My interest in gaming has not changed, there are simply fewer new releases worth my time and money coming out.

Which games did the Wii U offer that the Switch doesn't? Fatal Frame?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
curl-6 said:

My interest in gaming has not changed, there are simply fewer new releases worth my time and money coming out.

Well, in 2013 I bought Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and COD Ghosts.

In 2014 I bought Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and Captain Toad.

In 2015 I bought Splatoon, Fatal Frame, Fast Racing Neo, Xenoblade X, and Yoshi's Woolly World.

curl-6 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, in 2013 I bought Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and COD Ghosts.

In 2014 I bought Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and Captain Toad.

In 2015 I bought Splatoon, Fatal Frame, Fast Racing Neo, Xenoblade X, and Yoshi's Woolly World.

So, are we determining it by the number of games you get per-year?

VGPolyglot said:
curl-6 said:

Well, so far this year I do only have one game so far that I am almost definitely getting. 

curl-6 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, so far this year I do only have one game so far that I am almost definitely getting. 

Well, it's hard because you're looking at those years in retrospect while predicting it for this year.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
curl-6 said:

Well, it's hard because you're looking at those years in retrospect while predicting it for this year.

Well, I have noted multiple times that this is a "so far" assessment that could change when more of their lineup post-July is revealed.

curl-6 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, I have noted multiple times that this is a "so far" assessment that could change when more of their lineup post-July is revealed.

Can you remember what you thought of the line-ups for the Wii U years at this point in the year?

VGPolyglot said:
curl-6 said:

Can you remember what you thought of the line-ups for the Wii U years at this point in the year?

At this point in 2014 I already had tropical freeze and was anticipating Bayo 2, MK8, and Hyrule Warriors within the year.

In 2015 I knew Splatoon, Yoshi, and XCX were coming.

curl-6 said:
VGPolyglot said:

At this point in 2014 I already had tropical freeze and was anticipating Bayo 2, MK8, and Hyrule Warriors within the year.

What is the 1 game? This year has Yoshi, Kirby, Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros. (I know you don't like SSB but that game is just too big to omit).

VGPolyglot said:
curl-6 said:

What is the 1 game? This year has Yoshi, Kirby, Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros. (I know you don't like SSB but that game is just too big to omit).

Wolfenstein II. And how big Smash is doesn't really matter, I don't want it. Yoshi I might buy, but the E3 showing made it look like you can't flip the world at will in single player but have to play each side of each level separately, which would be a dealbreaker for me.