By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Evidence that smash bros switch might be a new game.

just give us ice climbers back now that we dont have the 3ds to hold us back



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
friendlyfamine said:

That's not evidence. You want evidence? Look at the trailer.

-New logo
-Worked on with HAL Lab + dubbed as "original title"
-BOTW Link (this one is debatable, but it at least confirms it isn't a STRAIGHT port)
-New characters - the inklings, also confirms it isn't a straight port
-If this game was a port, we would've seen gameplay
-Sakurai said he was working on the game silently day by day. I don't think a port would require that much effort

The only thing that suggests it isn't a new game is the fact that they're planning to release a NEW smash in 2018. Unless they're going the melee route and are going to complete this game in a very short time, there's just no way they'd have enough time to make a polished Smash game that isn't somewhat reminiscent of Smash 4. We can definitely expect a lot of reused assets in this new title.

The whole point of this thread is to point out that this game has had enough time to be a completely new game. Brawl and Wiiu/3ds only had between 2 and 2.5 years of development. With the lack of a 3ds game this time, the devolpment should be shorter than last time.

If development started in 2016 and this game releases for the holidays this year then they should have had at least 2 years to make this game. That is in line with the development time for brawl and wiiu/3ds.

That's not evidence though. That's conjecture. There's no proof that Sakurai started developing the next Smash in 2016. He said he was silently working on it day by day, but he never said when he started to.



The fact that there's is so much uncertainty and discussion about this game being brand new or a port while we entered a NEW GENERATION is utterly ridiculous in itself.



friendlyfamine said:
pikashoe said:

The whole point of this thread is to point out that this game has had enough time to be a completely new game. Brawl and Wiiu/3ds only had between 2 and 2.5 years of development. With the lack of a 3ds game this time, the devolpment should be shorter than last time.

If development started in 2016 and this game releases for the holidays this year then they should have had at least 2 years to make this game. That is in line with the development time for brawl and wiiu/3ds.

That's not evidence though. That's conjecture. There's no proof that Sakurai started developing the next Smash in 2016. He said he was silently working on it day by day, but he never said when he started to.

Since melee every smash game has been in development for about a year before a console has released. Melee took around a year to make and came out a couple of months after the GameCube launched. Brawl started development in October 2005, Wii released November 2006. Smash wiiu started development at some point after March 2012, the Wii u released in November 2014. 

Going by this, smash switch likely started development at some point in 2016. I know it's conjecture but every thing is pointing to this being a new game. 



Good point. Im on the side thinking its just a port but again good point.



3DS: 5429-9952-3189  Add me if you wish!

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
The fact that there's is so much uncertainty and discussion about this game being brand new or a port while we entered a NEW GENERATION is utterly ridiculous in itself.

It's ridiculous, but it's also completely normal. There are lots of people on the internet who refuse to believe that Nintendo does good things.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Harkins1721 said:
Good point. Im on the side thinking its just a port but again good point.

Thank you. I wonder if they purposely made it vague so that people would talk about it more. The mystery seems to have created so much more buzz for this game. I'm probably thinking to much into it.





Its new

No mention a Namco Bandai.

Nor does it say 2041-1018, wich it would if it was a port.



If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Its new

No mention a Namco Bandai.

Nor does it say 2041-1018, wich it would if it was a port.

Hehe that date is funny.

And I agree with being new. I even expect to be similar to Melee. Samurai will please fans.



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile