Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate Nintendo Direct - 03/08/18!

Out of 10

10 47 23.27%

9 49 24.26%

8 36 17.82%

7 28 13.86%

6 18 8.91%

5 6 2.97%

4 5 2.48%

3 5 2.48%

2 3 1.49%

1 5 2.48%

Total:202

It's been trending for quite a bit. Last I checked it was at 3 or 4. Don't really know if they separate Canada and the US on the trending list though.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Based on first party lineup.  2017 had several great first party games.  2018 has Smash Bros and everything else is minor by comparison.

Like i said a couple posts back, as time goes on individual system sellers become less important and a wide variety and constant flow of software becomes more important.

This year has Dragon Quest Builders, Bayonetta, Payday 2, Kirby, Hyrule Warriors, Labo, Donkey Kong, Mario Tennis, Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad, Okami, Crash Bandicoot, Dark Souls, South Park, Attack on Titan, Outlast 1&2, Mega Man Collection, Street Fighter Collection, One Piece Warriors 3, Naruto Collection, Harvest Moon, Little Nightmares, Sushi Striker, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, No More Heroes, Pillars of Eternity, Wolfenstein, Smash Bros on top of whatever else gets announced for this year and a ton of indies and all the evergreen titles of 2017.

There is no reason whatsoever to assume sales will be underwhelming this year.

I agree with the bolded statement.  Switch sales will still be good this year.  It won't turn into a Wii U or anything.  But it's going to lose some momentum.  It won't hit 20m for it's second full fiscal year (or whatever the official projection ends up being).  It will sell something like 10m - 16m in its second fiscal year.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
zorg1000 said:

Like i said a couple posts back, as time goes on individual system sellers become less important and a wide variety and constant flow of software becomes more important.

This year has Dragon Quest Builders, Bayonetta, Payday 2, Kirby, Hyrule Warriors, Labo, Donkey Kong, Mario Tennis, Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad, Okami, Crash Bandicoot, Dark Souls, South Park, Attack on Titan, Outlast 1&2, Mega Man Collection, Street Fighter Collection, One Piece Warriors 3, Naruto Collection, Harvest Moon, Little Nightmares, Sushi Striker, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, No More Heroes, Pillars of Eternity, Wolfenstein, Smash Bros on top of whatever else gets announced for this year and a ton of indies and all the evergreen titles of 2017.

There is no reason whatsoever to assume sales will be underwhelming this year.

I agree with the bolded statement.  Switch sales will still be good this year.  It won't turn into a Wii U or anything.  But it's going to lose some momentum.  It won't hit 20m for it's second full fiscal year (or whatever the official projection ends up being).  It will sell something like 10m - 16m in its second fiscal year.

1. Thats a huge range in sales you gave which leads me to believe you are not confident in your prediction whatsoever.

2. Its seems very strange to assume they will miss their  fiscal year target when we dont even know what the August 2018-March 2019 lineup looks like. Thats 8 of the 12 FY months that make up like 80% of sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I would have rated it a 3, my favourite surprise (Warioware) was on the 3ds (My 3ds circle pad is broken:( )
but then ...... SMASH! Love the way it was revealed. So i voted 7 but looking back i now think it is retrospectively an 8.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

9/10 for & my few problems:

Solaire of Astora Amiibo
Luigi Manson Remake
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story Remake(The original DS version is expensive)*
WarioWare Gold
Okami HD with motion and touch style
Octopath Traveler for better release date
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker(The Wii U version is currently $80 due to lack of Wii U markets)*
Crash Trilogy on the go
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC
Super Smash Bros.

Steam ID: Quakecore89 / GOG: AMDFX89 / PSN: QuakeCore_89 / Xbox Live Tag: QuakeCore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PC: (Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 2080 Super/Crucial 250GB M.2(Boot) Kingston 1TB SSD(Storage))

Around the Network
Kairos said:
Remember last Playstation E3 conference where everyone was dissapointed because they showed the same games they showed on previous events ... well, that's how I felt about this direct with the difference Sony was showing new games not ports.

I'll give points to Nintedo becaused they had a very good pace, but, as someone who isn't interested on smash, tennis or splatoon there was nothing new appeling to me.

I was expecting something about Bayo 3

This was a 6 out of 10 for me

Except the PS4 was in its fourth year with the same E3 from the year prior. E3 is a bigger event.

Directs aren’t necessarily meant to be mini E3s. Plus the Switch just past it’s first birthday. With the unexpected success, third parties are showing that they’re playing catch-up. Nintendo has already made announcements on a new Fire Emblem, a new Bayo 3, Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi, Pokemon, and Smash Bros. That’s a lot already announced within a year long span, not counting the big titles they already released. And ultimately, they’ll announce more info when they believe they’re ready to show more. That’s how it usually is, right? They didn’t show Odyssey nor Xenoblade in the first direct of the Switch in April 2017 and did it matter?

youre comparing apples and oranges here.

Kai_Mao said:

Except the PS4 was in its fourth year with the same E3 from the year prior. E3 is a bigger event.

Directs aren’t necessarily meant to be mini E3s. Plus the Switch just past it’s first birthday. With the unexpected success, third parties are showing that they’re playing catch-up. Nintendo has already made announcements on a new Fire Emblem, a new Bayo 3, Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi, Pokemon, and Smash Bros. That’s a lot already announced within a year long span, not counting the big titles they already released. And ultimately, they’ll announce more info when they believe they’re ready to show more. That’s how it usually is, right? They didn’t show Odyssey nor Xenoblade in the first direct of the Switch in April 2017 and did it matter?

youre comparing apples and oranges here.

I didn't mean't to compare the direct with an E3 conference, just the sentiment both left on me, disappointment, both were just right but nothing stellar. 

It is good third parties are catching up, but, as someone who has more than one platform the mayority of third party games they showed I already own them. I bought Okami for ps4 2 months ago if I knew Okami would be available for switch I would have bougth it for Switch instead Ps4.

I would have like that  they show what other third party games would be coming instead of they giving time to games we already knew were coming to switch 

PS: Tell me if I made a grammar  mistake