By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Europe: February's top 15 Switch eShop downloads

I don't think Ive seen Yooka-Laylee on any chart ever... Did it flop that bad on the Switch?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
I don't think Ive seen Yooka-Laylee on any chart ever... Did it flop that bad on the Switch?

It was charting during the holidays and on launch,I think? But aside from that...yeah I don't remember either. They waited too freaking long to launch this game,interest was dead when it finally came.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Stuart23 said:
KLXVER said:

It was charting during the holidays and on launch,I think? But aside from that...yeah I don't remember either. They waited too freaking long to launch this game,interest was dead when it finally came.

Yeah, Ill get it if it gets a physical release.

Miyamotoo said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Of course we need them to make statements like that. I was hoping we did have some figures. Would be interesting to see. 

No we dont, fact that almost all best selling eShop games are 3rd party games are telling us that 3rd party games are selling quite good.

Yes we do. We literally have no idea how much any of those games sold. 

I would like to see some figures because the evidence I see is that 3rd party games dont do that great. That goes from the UK charts where hardly any chart to Amazon top 100 for the monthly or even yearly where hardly any 3rd party Switch games chart. 

Not trying to piss in your pop because it's good seeing the Switch doing well. It just struck me as a odd statement to make. 

Darwinianevolution said:
I'd really like to know if Minecraft has reached the million or not already. It's constantly on top of the charts, I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't released a retail version at this point.

Hopefully they release the retail version of it soon, unlike the 3DS version where it release a bit too late :-p

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:
Miyamotoo said:

No we dont, fact that almost all best selling eShop games are 3rd party games are telling us that 3rd party games are selling quite good.

This is a great parameter to determine the success of those games,but of course numbers are always welcome.

Agree, and numbers are always welcome, but that doesn't mean we need them to say that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop.

SWORDF1SH said: 
Miyamotoo said: 

I would like to see some figures because the evidence I see is that 3rd party games dont do that great. That goes from the UK charts where hardly any chart to Amazon top 100 for the monthly or even yearly where hardly any 3rd party Switch games chart. 

Not trying to piss in your pop because it's good seeing the Switch doing well. It just struck me as a odd statement to make. 

No we dont, we dont need them to say that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop, like list is telling us.

UK is just one market in Europe, and its is not even strongest European market for Switch, so it's not good representative about software sales for Switch in any case. But despite that for instance FIfa for Switch last few weeks in UK is in top 10 of all formats and its selling better even than XB1 version of game. Talking about general 3rd party sales on Switch, most 3rd partys that released some games on Switch said they are satisfired with their sales on Switch and promising stronger support and more games. 

That's a point, there is nothing odd in my statement, when in top 15 best eShop  downloads in February, 13 are 3rd party games, that means that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop in any case, and that we dont need numbers to prove that beacuse list is telling us that all those 3rd party games sold than Nintendo games.

You want futher evidance that 3rd party games are selling good on Switch? Look at link down.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234896&page=1

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 05 March 2018

Is Switch Nintendo's strongest Digital platform?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Is Switch Nintendo's strongest Digital platform?

Easily, I mean evre new platform for evre platform holder is stronger than previous one. :D

I need to buy several games from that list. Not fifa thou :D or minecraft or rocket league

Miyamotoo said:
Stuart23 said:

This is a great parameter to determine the success of those games,but of course numbers are always welcome.

Agree, and numbers are always welcome, but that doesn't mean we need them to say that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop.

SWORDF1SH said: 

No we dont, we dont need them to say that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop, like list is telling us.

UK is just one market in Europe, and its is not even strongest European market for Switch, so it's not good representative about software sales for Switch in any case. But despite that for instance FIfa for Switch last few weeks in UK is in top 10 of all formats and its selling better even than XB1 version of game. Talking about general 3rd party sales on Switch, most 3rd partys that released some games on Switch said they are satisfired with their sales on Switch and promising stronger support and more games. 

That's a point, there is nothing odd in my statement, when in top 15 best eShop  downloads in February, 13 are 3rd party games, that means that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop in any case, and that we dont need numbers to prove that beacuse list is telling us that all those 3rd party games sold than Nintendo games.

You want futher evidance that 3rd party games are selling good on Switch? Look at link down.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234896&page=1

Ok. We don't have numbers. We have a list. How do you come to the conclusion that the games are selling well? I'm not saying they aren't (just indications that they aren't) but you can't say they are.

A few devs saying they are happy with sales doesn't even come close to any conclusion. Didn't the Rocket League devs say they couldn't believe the sales on Switch or something like that. But that doesn't represent the state of 3rd party games on Switch as a whole. 

Switch version of Fifa selling above Xbox for One week because of a big price cut isn't exactly something to celebrate either. 

So what about our very own VGC? Well their numbers don't do much to promote your opinion either. Last year NS sold 42M units of software at retail. 6 Nintendo made games sold 27.6M units. All the other publishers, 14.4M.