By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Europe: February's top 15 Switch eShop downloads

SWORDF1SH said:
Miyamotoo said:

Agree, and numbers are always welcome, but that doesn't mean we need them to say that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop.

No we dont, we dont need them to say that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop, like list is telling us.

UK is just one market in Europe, and its is not even strongest European market for Switch, so it's not good representative about software sales for Switch in any case. But despite that for instance FIfa for Switch last few weeks in UK is in top 10 of all formats and its selling better even than XB1 version of game. Talking about general 3rd party sales on Switch, most 3rd partys that released some games on Switch said they are satisfired with their sales on Switch and promising stronger support and more games. 

That's a point, there is nothing odd in my statement, when in top 15 best eShop  downloads in February, 13 are 3rd party games, that means that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop in any case, and that we dont need numbers to prove that beacuse list is telling us that all those 3rd party games sold than Nintendo games.

You want futher evidance that 3rd party games are selling good on Switch? Look at link down.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234896&page=1

Ok. We don't have numbers. We have a list. How do you come to the conclusion that the games are selling well? I'm not saying they aren't (just indications that they aren't) but you can't say they are.

A few devs saying they are happy with sales doesn't even come close to any conclusion. Didn't the Rocket League devs say they couldn't believe the sales on Switch or something like that. But that doesn't represent the state of 3rd party games on Switch as a whole. 

Switch version of Fifa selling above Xbox for One week because of a big price cut isn't exactly something to celebrate either. 

So what about our very own VGC? Well their numbers don't do much to promote your opinion either. Last year NS sold 42M units of software at retail. 6 Nintendo made games sold 27.6M units. All the other publishers, 14.4M. 

You can’t downplay this, sorry. It’s not just a few developers that are satisfacted. Namco, Square, Tecmo, Sega, Disgaea Dev, Bethesda, 2k, even Capcom lol, tons, like, tons of indies, have said they were satisfacted with games sales and/or we have numbers that prove they did well. Do you seriously want a list? I can do it, but it will take some time.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Ok. We don't have numbers. We have a list. How do you come to the conclusion that the games are selling well? I'm not saying they aren't (just indications that they aren't) but you can't say they are.

A few devs saying they are happy with sales doesn't even come close to any conclusion. Didn't the Rocket League devs say they couldn't believe the sales on Switch or something like that. But that doesn't represent the state of 3rd party games on Switch as a whole. 

Switch version of Fifa selling above Xbox for One week because of a big price cut isn't exactly something to celebrate either. 

So what about our very own VGC? Well their numbers don't do much to promote your opinion either. Last year NS sold 42M units of software at retail. 6 Nintendo made games sold 27.6M units. All the other publishers, 14.4M. 

You can’t downplay this, sorry. It’s not just a few developers that are satisfacted. Namco, Square, Tecmo, Sega, Disgaea Dev, Bethesda, 2k, even Capcom lol, tons, like, tons of indies, have said they were satisfacted with games sales and/or we have numbers that prove they did well. Do you seriously want a list? I can do it, but it will take some time.

Downplay? No. 

I just disagreed with his reasons for claiming the list shows that 3rd party games are doing well. 

Now you've presented some interesting information. It goes against what I've presented so it's a case of PR vs VGC, Amazon and UK charts. 

BTW I would love a list. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Miyamotoo said:

Agree, and numbers are always welcome, but that doesn't mean we need them to say that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop.

No we dont, we dont need them to say that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop, like list is telling us.

UK is just one market in Europe, and its is not even strongest European market for Switch, so it's not good representative about software sales for Switch in any case. But despite that for instance FIfa for Switch last few weeks in UK is in top 10 of all formats and its selling better even than XB1 version of game. Talking about general 3rd party sales on Switch, most 3rd partys that released some games on Switch said they are satisfired with their sales on Switch and promising stronger support and more games. 

That's a point, there is nothing odd in my statement, when in top 15 best eShop  downloads in February, 13 are 3rd party games, that means that 3rd party games are selling quite good on eShop in any case, and that we dont need numbers to prove that beacuse list is telling us that all those 3rd party games sold than Nintendo games.

You want futher evidance that 3rd party games are selling good on Switch? Look at link down.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234896&page=1

Fact that they are best selling games and selling better than Nintendo games on eShop means they are selling quite good.That's totally logical, I can't believe you have hard time to realise that.

Its not point about few devs, most of 3rd partys that relesed games on Switch said they are satisfied about sales of their games and promised stronger support and more games.

Actually it is because XB1 install base is much bigger than Switch install base in UK in any case. Also we had Fifa numbers for France where EA said they are very satisfied with Fifa sales on Switch.

I wouldn't look too much at VGC numbers, especially when new platform and games for it are in matter. For instance few weeks ago Namco Bandai said that Dragon Ball on Switch passed 500k (sold better on Switch than on Steam) while on VGC numbe were something like 200k.

Miyamotoo said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Fact that they are best selling games and selling better than Nintendo games on eShop means they are selling quite good.That's totally logical, I can't believe you have hard time to realise that.

Its not point about few devs, most of 3rd partys that relesed games on Switch said they are satisfied about sales of their games and promised stronger support and more games.

Actually it is because XB1 install base is much bigger than Switch install base in UK in any case. Also we had Fifa numbers for France where EA said they are very satisfied with Fifa sales on Switch.

I wouldn't look too much at VGC numbers, especially when new platform and games for it are in matter. For instance few weeks ago Namco Bandai said that Dragon Ball on Switch passed 500k (sold better on Switch than on Steam) while on VGC numbe were something like 200k.

Agreed that VGC can be dodgy but I don't think we can completely dismiss them. And I understand what you're trying to say but without knowing how well games sell on the store and saying that "they sell better than Nintendo exclusives so the must be selling good" doesn't really work when comparing games that have retail releases to digital only games, which most of them are. 

Again, we don't know how much those games are selling. This is all I'm trying to say. 

BTW miyamotoo. To add to what I said I'm starting to believe that 3rd party games are doing OK. I didn't realise that so many developers and publishers have spoken about sales on the Switch.
It would be nice to see some figures though.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Miyamotoo said:

Agreed that VGC can be dodgy but I don't think we can completely dismiss them. And I understand what you're trying to say but without knowing how well games sell on the store and saying that "they sell better than Nintendo exclusives so the must be selling good" doesn't really work when comparing games that have retail releases to digital only games, which most of them are. 

Again, we don't know how much those games are selling. This is all I'm trying to say. 

Yeah, but this list is only for digital sales. Talking about retail+digital sales,  I alredy wrote to you that most of 3rd partys that released games on Switch said they are satisfied about sales of their games and promised stronger support and more games.

Again, we dont need to accurate numbers to say if games are selling or not, we have lists of best selling games and we have devs that saying that games are selling good on Switch.

SWORDF1SH said:
BTW miyamotoo. To add to what I said I'm starting to believe that 3rd party games are doing OK. I didn't realise that so many developers and publishers have spoken about sales on the Switch.

Well last figures were for Fifa in France or in Japan that Fifa is selling better than PS4 version of game (I think we had numbers that Fifa for Switch is fastest selling Fifa on any Nintendo platform) and Dragon Ball (500k, sold better than it did on Steam for much less time), before that we had numbers for RE Revelations where on Switch sold better than PS4/XB1 versions of games, for Indies we have regualry updates that some games is best selling game on Switch of all other platforms.

RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Figures are hard to come by for digital-only games because all console manufacturers have terms that usually prohibit developers from naming exact sales figures. That's why statements of success use comparative values like "Our game sold better on console A than on console B."

Among the big publishers like Capcom, EA etc., it isn't common practice to be transparent about sales of games that are available at both retail and in onlines stores. Announcements of sales figures are usually exclusive to the really big hits while the rest is kept either ambiguous or not mentioned at all.

Yeah. My original point was you couldn't say that 3rd party games are selling good from that list. We have no idea what they have sold on the store.

Miyamotoo said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Well last figures were for Fifa in France or in Japan that Fifa is selling better than PS4 version of game (I think we had numbers that Fifa for Switch is fastest selling Fifa on any Nintendo platform) and Dragon Ball (500k, sold better than it did on Steam for much less time), before that we had numbers for RE Revelations where on Switch sold better than PS4/XB1 versions of games, for Indies we have regualry updates that some games is best selling game on Switch of all other platforms.

That's pretty positive. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Miyamotoo said:

That's pretty positive. 

Yes it is, and thats one of reasons why I said that 3rd parties are selling quite good on Switch, and because of that and fact that Switch is success and already have solid install base, 3rd party support can be only stronger this year.