By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you ever played Splatoon 1 once again?

Hi everyone. Last night I popped in Splatoon 1 once again because I wanted to see how much it differs compared to the sequel. Played a couple of battles in turf war and I reaaaaaallyy really enjoyed it again. It reminded me how much I loved Splatoon.

It felt nice to watch the Squid Sisters again announcing the stages :)

Also, the music is still amazing, and I think I like the soundtrack a little bit more than the sequels'. Even that drum solo during the load screen when you boot it up is so good. Gave me a little wave of nostalgia even already. And the stages are so cool, I still love all of them!

When I played some rounds I noticed two things: First, the ink doesn't reflect light. It's just color. I had already been noticing that when I launched Splatoon 2 for the first time but now after seeing it one more time I think the first games' ink looks kind of lame. Second, the movement is a little bit slower.

How about you? Mind giving it another shot?

Around the Network

I still play it :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

No. But I've seen it some days ago, and I couldn't believe how much better Splatoon 2 looked. At first I thought the difference was minimal, but seeing it in person changed my perception:

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

No. I pity anyone who does : P It's like going from the medieval era to the stone age again.

Yes... as a matter of fact, I went fully back to it when I realized that Nintendo turned the second game into Splat-noob. I still own the second game but I just end up cussing and pulling my hair out every time I try to play it so I quit and just play the first one which is, imo, far superior.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

Yes... as a matter of fact, I went fully back to it when I realized that Nintendo turned the second game into Splat-noob. I still own the second game but I just end up cussing and pulling my hair out every time I try to play it so I quit and just play the first one which is, imo, far superior.

But why? Whats bothering you so much?

Platina said:
I still play it :p

Cool! :)

Yes, I played Splatoon 1 about two weeks ago just for my interest if you still find people online playing it ^^ (and yes, matchmaking is still very quick with many japanese players)

There are 3 things which are for me the main differences. All of them I recognized when I first played Splatoon 2.

- the soundtrack of Splatoon 1 is by far better (and even more better after the soundtrack update in Splatoon 2)
- the sea sirens are far more likeable than Off the hook
- the ink looks by far better in Splatoon 2 with reflections and depth

And of course I love the Salmon Run mode in Splatoon 2 ^^

not played 1 or 2, likely never will either

A better question is have I ever played the Wii U since I bought the Switch? xD

Pocky Lover Boy!