By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

At least Amazon is starting to reflect the fact that Kirby is nowhere near far cry 5 in popularity in America and Europe. Thought I was talking crazy pills reading about Kirby being the big game of March.

Around the Network

Poor Ni no kuni II.  It looks underrated.

gtjay1982 said:
At least Amazon is starting to reflect the fact that Kirby is nowhere near far cry 5 in popularity in America and Europe. Thought I was talking crazy pills reading about Kirby being the big game of March.

Kirby is one Nintendo character, that i've never been able to get into, as for games. Yoshi, is another one.

gtjay1982 said:

People always underestimate Ubisoft's ability to align very well with the market.  FC5 will easily be the biggest game of March.

Kirby doing well in most major markets except Germany. What's Germany's beef with the pink buff ball? Lol

Around the Network

1 kirby is exclusive like people mentioned and in the npd charts itll be added with digital. Oh and Faecry much bigger so we all know that lol

After 1.5-2 weeks the PS4 finally has a date listed to be in stock on Amazon.co.jp. April 1st the PS4 goes back in stock.

23 hours from last update :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 19 (+2) - 299.00$ - In stock
2 (+1) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 25 (+5) - 299.00$ - In stock
3 (-1) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 27 (+1) - 299.00$ - In stock
4 (-) - Super Nes Classic - 41 (+2) - Third Party Sellers Only
5 (N) - XBox One S 1 Tb Sea of Thieves - 49 (N) - 249.00$ - In stock
6 (-) - Playstation 4 Pro 1 Tb - 83 (-1) - 399.00$ - In Stock
7 (-) - XBox One X 1 Tb - 91 (-6) - 484.99$ (-6.96) - In Stock
8 (-3) - XBox One S 500Gb - 97 (-24) - 249.99$ - In stock

Out of Top 100 :

8 (-1) - XBox One S 500Gb Hotwheels - 87 (-1) - 242.00$ - In stock

PS4: 2 (-) ; NS: 2 (-) ; XBO: 3 (-)

Megiddo said:
After 1.5-2 weeks the PS4 finally has a date listed to be in stock on Amazon.co.jp. April 1st the PS4 goes back in stock.

Results for the first 2 weeks of April in Japan should be interesting then, would either confirm the current baseline or change it a bit positively.

JSG87 said:
duduspace1 said:

Dont be too surprised if the situation has since flipped. I dont know how it is in the US, but in the UK, the Switch still has a lower retail profile at Brick and mortar stores like CEX and Game. I went to my local GAME store at Trafford Centre in manchester yesterday for example and saw the Attack on Titan games boldly displayed for both PS4 and XBone but none for the Switch, if I wasnt a more than average aware gamer, I wouldnt know it released on the Switch.

The Switch is still yet to convince the B&M stores it seems but that for me is a double edged sword because it means its sales explosion (at least in the UK) remains pending. Because the strange thing is that at the same Game store, I saw a second hand Switch selling for £299 i.e £20 above the RRP, and there was a young boy on pointing out the stupidity of it being listed for that price when a brand new one was available for £20 less on Amazon.

Also I couldnt find any Joycons available at this particular store which is located at the largest shopping centre in manchester which is always full of people.

It's rhw complete opposite here. My local game has a section for Switch next to the tills and a whole big section across from the DS games. It user to share the section with ds games but since is many new games are coming out physically now they need a bigger space.

Yeah, the US has certainly warmed up to the switch a lot more and adopted it quicker than the UK, we Brits are quite on the conservative side LOL. My recent experience at Game though is quite positive that people are indeed beginning to warm to the Switch in the UK and that the time may come when it will have as big a retail presence as the PS4 and XBone.......for now, most of the B&M retailers in the UK seem to be marketing it solely as a replacement for the 3Ds range and kind of kiddie oriented. The more mature games are not given more prominence.