By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite game of the current generation so far ?

Breath of the Wild

Around the Network

Zelda BOTW, All time favourite also

Probably BotW.

Rune Factory 4 for 3DS

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Hyper light drifter

Around the Network
StreaK said:

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Uncharted 4
3. The Last Guardian
4. Tekken 7
5. Horizon

Edit: And wowww there are a ***t-ton Zelda fans on this site. Nothing against some of the comments but imo they are extremely over-exaggerated. Even when OoT came out I beat it and enjoyed it I was ok with getting rid of my gold-edition copy and giving up the game for good. Zelda's are not my End-all-be-all kinda games. Hell no!

Zelda loyalists are fickle. Six years from now, when the "new" Zelda comes out - that will be their favorite game of that year AND of all time. Rinse/Repeat. "Favorite" is a fleeting word for Zelda fans. I for one am not into cheap 90's repetitve mechanics like weapon "breaking" (even the Master Sword needs recharging..lol wut?..) and sprawling sections of maps with nothing but open space. Nintendo loves dem open fields... 

As if we didn't get enough of useless space in Ocarina of Time...

FattyDingDong said:
Jranation said:
Wow you're back!
Splatoon 2

I've been back. 

Apparently, you've never gone black.

Zelda Breath of the Wild..... by a mile....

TranceformerFX said:
StreaK said:

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Uncharted 4
3. The Last Guardian
4. Tekken 7
5. Horizon

Edit: And wowww there are a ***t-ton Zelda fans on this site. Nothing against some of the comments but imo they are extremely over-exaggerated. Even when OoT came out I beat it and enjoyed it I was ok with getting rid of my gold-edition copy and giving up the game for good. Zelda's are not my End-all-be-all kinda games. Hell no!

Zelda loyalists are fickle. Six years from now, when the "new" Zelda comes out - that will be their favorite game of that year AND of all time. Rinse/Repeat. "Favorite" is a fleeting word for Zelda fans. I for one am not into cheap 90's repetitve mechanics like weapon "breaking" (even the Master Sword needs recharging..lol wut?..) and sprawling sections of maps with nothing but open space. Nintendo loves dem open fields... 

As if we didn't get enough of useless space in Ocarina of Time...

Yeah man, I totally hear ya! Don't get me wrong, there will always be those select few loyalists who will still stand by their favourite Zelda but as a whole I get your point. The newest one has to be the best (at least for a little while) until they realize it wasn't as good as they originally thought and/or the best once the next game comes out in the series haha. 

I don't know, I just think a game like SotC does the whole empty world thing a hell of a lot better. There's a real purpose to it and adds a lot to the whole, entire emotional content of the game because it's meant to be "simple". For me, Zelda just doesn't have that "emotional" content I so strive for so the emptiness just doesn't speak to me in the same way. I guess I'm not a true, "classic" gamer like I used to be when I was younger. I use games as an escape mechanism to truly "relish" in the game's atmosphere or story. I don't care about collecting items or trophies or whatever...I just want to experience something that changes my perspective on life. Something meaningful, if you will, for the most part anyway.  

The Witcher 3 followed closely by Breath of the Wild and Horizon.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid