By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In the past year, what percent of your gameplay time has been on Nintendo Switch?

In the past year, what percent of your gameplay time has been on Nintendo Switch?

100% of my gameplay time ... 8 9.52%

90% to 99% of my gameplay... 11 13.10%

80% to 89% of my gameplay... 18 21.43%

70% to 79% of my gameplay... 7 8.33%

60% to 69% of my gameplay... 5 5.95%

50% to 59% of my gameplay... 5 5.95%

40% to 49% of my gameplay... 6 7.14%

30% to 39% of my gameplay... 4 4.76%

20% to 29% of my gameplay... 2 2.38%

Less than 20% of my gamep... 18 21.43%

Total:84

In terms of hours played it goes......
Zelda- 105 hours
Arms- 55 hours
Skyrim- 50 hours
Splatoon 2- 40 hours
Xenoblade 2- 35 hours
Mario Odyssey - 30 hours
Mario and Rabbids- 20 hours
Mario Kart 8 - 25 hours
Lego City - 40 hours
Bomberman 25- hours
FAST RMX- 20 hours
Street Fighter 2- 15 hours
Sine Mora EX - 2 hours
Snipperclips- 5 hours
Sonic Forces - 15 hours
Snake Pass- 10 hours
Rogue Trooper - 5 hours

Around the Network

Since I got the Switch late October and also played the end of the year many PC and PS4 games thanks to Oculus Rift and PSVR... 2% - 5%?

I did the math. 
Here are the game play data from March 2017 to February 2018 by System:
3DS: 63.21 Hours 
Wii U : 59.84 hours
Switch : 860 Hours
PC: 300 Hours (Estimate)
Gamecube,Wii and SNES mini: 50 hours (estimate)
Total Hours : 1,333.05 hours

Switch percentage: 64.5%

That could be a lot higher if I wasn't so addicted to Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword. Anyway I do not see myself reaching such a high number this year. I have been busying playing my SNES classic and will soon get the NES classic.  Also having Xenoblade 2,Skyrim and Zelda:BOTW in one year really boosted that playtime. Also at 860 hours my Switch barely misses the previous record of playtime in one year on one system by 9 hours.(I love my Wii. It had 869 hours in one year.) Yeah the Switch is at a great start with me. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

A rough estimate would be:

40% PC (Overwatch mainly, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Cuphead)
35% Switch (BotW, Odyssey)
15% Mobile (Marvel Puzzle Quest)
10% PS4 (Horizon, Persona 5)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

40% Switch
30% PS4
25% 3DS
5% Xbox One

Lets see...
Rocket League - 80
Picross S - 105
Sonic M - 20
Doom - 15
King Oddball - 15
Mario Od - 35
Splatoon 2 - 95
MK8D - 55
Minecraft - 70
World of Goo - 5
Might Gunvolt - 15
Fast RMX - 10
Puyo - 50ish
Little Inferno - 10
Thumper 5
Imaginators - 15
Lego City - 5

so 605 hours of Switch play... (probably another 20/30 from my other 20+ games from just taking a small look at them but then you add in BoTW...

So yeah 925 hours played on the System since it came out 11 months ago or 2.8 hours per day, every day for the last year. And at that... I still mark the system as 80% just because of Overwatch on PC and PSN+ on my PS4 every month.....

As well as playing through Act 1 and 2 of Diablo 3 on the X360 as is visible in my sig... but... lol Nintendo what are you doing to me http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235006 Let me play another system please! If the machine gets youtube/netflix soon I might have to invest in another 10k MAH battery pack for myself just so I don't have to put it down to charge, I can just rotate the packs.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

40-ish percent. Which is still a ton compared to any other console I've used since the PS2, but my PC still dominates my time.  My 3ds, on the other hand, has been gathering dust.

Zach808 said:

40-ish percent. Which is still a ton compared to any other console I've used since the PS2, but my PC still dominates my time.  My 3ds, on the other hand, has been gathering dust.

Yeah for me the Switch has completely canibalised the time I would be spending on my 3DS/Vita/PSPGo the PC is the only system not hit too bad since the type of games I play on that like Overwatch with voice coms aren't really something the Switch can do.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

From 15 to 20 % . 65 to 70 % on PS4 and the remaining 10 to 20% on PSV and 3DS.