By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby Star Allies demo out now on the eShop. Edit: (The demo just got datamined)

Ljink96 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
It seems like a really fun platformer for multiplayer sessions. Any impressions / opinions about the demo ?

The demo is pretty good overall. It has 2 stages made up of spliced areas from other stages in the full game. Just to get a taste of some of the environments. Gameplay is smooth, the only issue I had was Jump was A and Attack was B, which in Kirby games is kind of strange, but there will be control options in the full release. The graphics are insanely gorgeous for a 2D platformer, sound/music is as catchy as ever. Mixing abilities is overall fun, at times it's tedious but very solid. 

The main issue I, and many others have is the loading screens between subspace doors, it gets kinda annoying. They're about 2-5 seconds long depending on how large the next loaded stage is, and it can break the flow at times. Hopefully Nintendo ends up patching that up in a quality of life improvement update or something. Still, I wasn't initially going to buy it day 1, but after playing the demo, I had to pre-order it. 60 bucks seems a bit steep at the moment, but Amazon and Best Buy's discounts should have you covered. 

This, so many levels of this.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

Is there a timeframe for an American release? I don't feel like having to make another account.

The game looks awesome for sure, but the 30fps annoys me a lot more than I thought it would. That plus the load times makes me question the worth of pushing for graphics here. Those be the only negatives I have though. Gameplay is great fun as expected, Water is easily my new favorite ability! Yoyo is also pretty awesome, the down up B with an element fused is good sauce. The AI is better than I thought, performing all task without much hassle. The Water + Ice combo attack can even be used at will with only one human player, though it's pretty slow to activate, probably not worth it sadly. So yeah, still a definite buy! I'm sure I'll get used to the 30fps... maybe...

I enjoyed the demo but it seems strange to play a 30fps Kirby game when recent ones have been 60fps. Other than that I'm looking forward to the game. The multiplayer aspect works pretty well even with one player and I like that it seems you can keep your power for longer when getting hit, I'd prefer to toss my ability more quickly though instead of holding the button. I'd also like a different button mapping but I'm sure the real game will at least have one or more alternatives since the demo labels the controls as config A.

Docked resolution seems a little low, I'm sure it's 720p-900p but can't be sure. I'll probably play more in handheld mode anyway.

Last edited by Landale_Star - on 01 March 2018

I´m just downloading it. Curious to try if its any good.

Around the Network

I guess the March 4th release is for the US. So if you don't want to make a EU account, wait another 3 days :P

I just finished the demo, it was fun. When you're playing with 3 CPUs, it did get kinda chaotic though. But I think that if I play the game a bit more, I'll get used to it. I also need to get used to the control scheme since it's different from other Switch games I've played.

Just finished the easy mode, gotta ask though, how long can you finish kirby games usually? This "might" be my first Kirby game, only tried a demo of a kirby game(can't remember the name) on 3ds, and the one on the Wii U did not catch my interest, this one though looks and feels fun especially with my daughter almost always on the Switch, Splatoon 2 really got her and my wife to hog the system to their own for a while now, thank God for PC games.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Sunstrider said:
Just finished the easy mode, gotta ask though, how long can you finish kirby games usually? This "might" be my first Kirby game, only tried a demo of a kirby game(can't remember the name) on 3ds, and the one on the Wii U did not catch my interest, this one though looks and feels fun especially with my daughter almost always on the Switch, Splatoon 2 really got her and my wife to hog the system to their own for a while now, thank God for PC games.

I would say it's about the same length of the other Nintendo Platformers so maybe around 20-30 hours for 100% ? Kirby games have a really satistfying feel to them and suddenly you arrive at the last 2 worlds and you get some pretty nice difficulty. I gotta say, Kirby games have one of the best bosses for a 2D platformer. The final bosses never disappoints.

xMetroid said:
Sunstrider said:

I would say it's about the same length of the other Nintendo Platformers so maybe around 20-30 hours for 100% ? Kirby games have a really satistfying feel to them and suddenly you arrive at the last 2 worlds and you get some pretty nice difficulty. I gotta say, Kirby games have one of the best bosses for a 2D platformer. The final bosses never disappoints.

Yeah, I could tell after seeing that boss battle clip with MetaKnight(is this correct?), and about the bosses, are they all hard or at least at normal difficulty? Cause Whispy Woods was too easy, yeah I know it's just the tutorial part, but I hope bosses aren't too easy though, felt like I didn't do much(or anything at all) especially with a full team.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid