By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby Star Allies demo out now on the eShop. Edit: (The demo just got datamined)

Sunstrider said:
xMetroid said:

I would say it's about the same length of the other Nintendo Platformers so maybe around 20-30 hours for 100% ? Kirby games have a really satistfying feel to them and suddenly you arrive at the last 2 worlds and you get some pretty nice difficulty. I gotta say, Kirby games have one of the best bosses for a 2D platformer. The final bosses never disappoints.

Yeah, I could tell after seeing that boss battle clip with MetaKnight(is this correct?), and about the bosses, are they all hard or at least at normal difficulty? Cause Whispy Woods was too easy, yeah I know it's just the tutorial part, but I hope bosses aren't too easy though, felt like I didn't do much(or anything at all) especially with a full team.

Wispy is never hard :P

They ramp up in dificulty.  They're never really, really hard but they can give a nice challenge later in the game.  Main thing is they are fun to fight, not just an uninteresting enemy with an obnoxiously long health bar.  And the final bosses usually pull a crazy twist out of their hat.  

Having said that, having 4 team members is going to reduce the challenge, obviously.

Around the Network
Sunstrider said:
xMetroid said:

I would say it's about the same length of the other Nintendo Platformers so maybe around 20-30 hours for 100% ? Kirby games have a really satistfying feel to them and suddenly you arrive at the last 2 worlds and you get some pretty nice difficulty. I gotta say, Kirby games have one of the best bosses for a 2D platformer. The final bosses never disappoints.

Yeah, I could tell after seeing that boss battle clip with MetaKnight(is this correct?), and about the bosses, are they all hard or at least at normal difficulty? Cause Whispy Woods was too easy, yeah I know it's just the tutorial part, but I hope bosses aren't too easy though, felt like I didn't do much(or anything at all) especially with a full team.

I haven't watch any bosses from Star Allies to not spoil myself but yes Wispy Wood is basically a troll boss almost. It is always a really easy boss that doesn't do anything because ya know, it's a tree lol. But you can get some nice challenge later on with the last bosses. The thing is in Kirby the bosses have a lot of invisibility phases so even tho they don't have a lot of life, you have to dodge all their attack and make it to the point where you can actually attack it. And the final boss are usually like a million stages that you always think it's over but no, it is back possessing a flying boat or wathever.

Kirby in coop is just a lot of fun really.

Nuvendil said:

Wispy is never hard :P

They ramp up in dificulty.  They're never really, really hard but they can give a nice challenge later in the game.  Main thing is they are fun to fight, not just an uninteresting enemy with an obnoxiously long health bar.  And the final bosses usually pull a crazy twist out of their hat.  

Having said that, having 4 team members is going to reduce the challenge, obviously.

Agreed, never liked this type of boss battle, unless they have unique moves to watch out for every now and then.

Mar1217 said:

After the main story, there's usually a EX mode were you go through the whole game in one go. It's faster, harder and the bosses gets new versions of themselves with new patterns and 1 or 2 new bosses thrown into the mix.

Then, there's a normal boss rush .... then there's the insane True Arena made for those who wants to be truly challenged. (You daugther would probably utterly fail)

Well then, I didn't know Kirby has such a variety of modes to surprise you, and yeah, we'll probably be re-doing things for quite a while, got me more excited knowing these things.

xMetroid said:

I haven't watch any bosses from Star Allies to not spoil myself but yes Wispy Wood is basically a troll boss almost. It is always a really easy boss that doesn't do anything because ya know, it's a tree lol. But you can get some nice challenge later on with the last bosses. The thing is in Kirby the bosses have a lot of invisibility phases so even tho they don't have a lot of life, you have to dodge all their attack and make it to the point where you can actually attack it. And the final boss are usually like a million stages that you always think it's over but no, it is back possessing a flying boat or wathever.

Kirby in coop is just a lot of fun really.

Yeah, it's what I love about bosses is that you have to be thinking all the time while on the move and to react accordingly to surprise/new attacks, always gets my blood pumping lol.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Nice! Though I think I'm gonna pass on the demo. I'm already going to buy this day 1.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Mar1217 said:
Cloudman said:
Nice! Though I think I'm gonna pass on the demo. I'm already going to buy this day 1.

A wise man also said :

"Better not go watch Youtube cuz of spoilers"

Press already received their review copy and we'll probably see a few lifted embargo before official release.

*Looks at ProfiasGaming*

Yeah, I've been doing this Breath of the Wild and I've found I enjoy games more so this way. I'm so glad I did a blackout for XC2. The nintendo direct for it felt quite spoiler heavy for my tastes.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Also if you ask yourself why the game is running at only 30 fps ...

My hunch was probably on point then. They were truly trying to push this game graphics, which oh surprise, didn't hinder my fun.

Though I'll respect disagreement on this subject, this game doesn't need 60 fps to be enjoyable. Would it have been better ? Yes. But that's hardly a change that people will feel once accustom to it.

Yeah, noticed the game has great lighting and special effects even the motion of the game be it background/foreground looks great, 60fps will always be an icing on the cake for me, I mean, I've been playing competitive games at about 25-30fps before upgrading my PC almost 2 years ago, and I've been doing fine. 

Mar1217 said:
Sunstrider said:

Yeah, noticed the game has great lighting and special effects even the motion of the game be it background/foreground looks great, 60fps will always be an icing on the cake for me, I mean, I've been playing competitive games at about 25-30fps before upgrading my PC almost 2 years ago, and I've been doing fine. 

Glad that you can be comprehensive :) But since, it's bugging me to see this aspect of the game being pinted down for the first time in the series as if people suddenly gave a care about this when nobody boasted about Kirby's games performance before because of a supposedly "norm".

Yeah, it's a change. But hardly one, that will affect the overall mechanics.

Eh, you just have to live with it, people will always have complaints no matter what, it's human nature after all. Just have fun with this one, they can't touch you through the monitor anyways.

Mar1217 said:
Sunstrider said:

Glad that you can be comprehensive :) But since, it's bugging me to see this aspect of the game being pinted down for the first time in the series as if people suddenly gave a care about this when nobody boasted about Kirby's games performance before because of a supposedly "norm".

Yeah, it's a change. But hardly one, that will affect the overall mechanics.

First time in the series because this the first mainline Kirby game to not be 60fps (obviously helps that most games are 2D, but still). And while not necessarily for Kirby games specifically, 60fps in general is very much boasted about, I certainly do it. A big reason I like Nintendo is they prioritize the gameplay experience over shiny graphics, even though shiny graphics are easier to advertise (can't see 60fps in a screenshot or TV ad). Again, wont ruin the game for me, but it's definitely a flaw I can't ignore.

Mar1217 said:

Also if you ask yourself why the game is running at only 30 fps ...

My hunch was probably on point then. They were truly trying to push this game graphics, which oh surprise, didn't hinder my fun.

Though I'll respect disagreement on this subject, this game doesn't need 60 fps to be enjoyable. Would it have been better ? Yes. But that's hardly a change that people will feel once accustom to it.

Wow, didn’t even realise it was 30fps, it was so fluid that it felt like 60fps. Btw, I played on the portable mode and will play docked on the weekend. As long as it’s locked 30fps I’m happy. But cool explanations, it really looked impressive.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Played the demo and it didn't hook me. I found the gameplay clunky and even the "hard" level wasn't hard at all. I'm guessing Kirby games are not my thing since Epic Yarn bored me and this one seems to leave me unimpressed as well. I do remember enjoying the first game on NES though.

Signature goes here!