By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 20 Best-selling video games in France, Germany and Spain for 2017

tbone51 said:
Farsala said:
It's not like Zelda is actually confirmed to beat HZD in Europe, because you know digital sales and the rest of europe and the like.

It was 3.4m shipped in that old announcement, but 915k was digital. IE over 25%, and likely close to 35% digital like in the US.

I mean just comparing the US digital ratios and it isn't even close.
Switch - 925k (900k retail, 25k digital)
Wii U - 460k

HZD > 1 million ( >354k digital)

I mean yeah it is obvious Zelda outsold HZD in the US and Japan, but Europe is another story.

Nah it outsold it in Europe as well. Going by sales figures you can add 5% for BotW and 40% HDZ and BotW still outsells it.

UK was the only region where HDZ was ahead and by alot but BotW had legs through out the year and ots virtually a tie in the UK (sony best Market ninty worst)

Add in France sales that are 511k vs 255k and there is no contest. HDZ would need 256k digital just to tie it in france. Spain HDZ can have a high digital and still not surpass BotW retail.

BotW in Europe is as an estimate around 2.5mil shipped+digital. (8.2mil+ BotW WW by years end)

Estimates botw WW

1.02mil+ Japan

4.5mil NoA

3mil+ elsewhere

DIsagree especially with UK, its not virtually a tie at all. And even using just these 3 markets + UK.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-01-12-revealed-the-best-selling-uk-boxed-games-of-2017

Physical alone it outsold it by over 4 SKUs, and with 40% digital it outsold it by... >~40%. And that's Europe's strongest market.

Using your 40% number for HZD of TOTAL.

France BoTW ~530k, HZD ~  360k, only 170k but UK makes up the difference

Spain is equal with the digital

Germany HZD got 200k in a month, It took BoTW Switch 5-6 months to attain the same sales. Wii U got 100k by the end of the year barely so ~300k-350k physical, I think it is safe to say HZD at least has 250k much like France and thus the 360k with digital, putting it ahead or equal to BoTW. Of course I probably underestimate both games due to holidays, but with the info we have they can't be far off.

So with those 4 HZD is ahead imo. With the rest of Europe I don't believe in Nintendo's reach but I am sure some could surprise me.

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild really killing it 

FIFA being #1 is so predictable 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
SKMBlake said:

You know, Spain loves football, and football, and also football, even with or without a spanish football player on the cover

Everybody drink water. We need water game.

Fifa is better than Zelda

~User banned for this post and this one -Ryuu96

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 March 2018

EricFabian said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Wow a milked 30 year old franchise sold better than a new IP.

New IP on PS4

Being a new IP makes it hard to sell. On the PS4, that makes it even harder to sell.

PEEPer0nni said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Fifa is better than Zelda

Asia is better than Europe.

Around the Network

Star Wars Battlefront II really low everywhere.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
SKMBlake said:

You know, Spain loves football, and football, and also football, even with or without a spanish football player on the cover

Pokemon Omega Ruby.

OTBWY said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Pokemon Omega Ruby.

Apparently that game have "too much water" 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

GT bombed by its standards.
The Nintendo Trio doing well near the top.
Crash, Uncharted and Horizon put in good performances.
No Xbox One exclusives.

Jranation said:
OTBWY said:

Pokemon Omega Ruby.

Apparently that game have "too much water" 

;)