By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 3 February 2018

The irony that US numbers are holding the PS4 back now with Japan doing over 100k now.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
The PS4 is completely kicking the Switch's ass in Japan. That's new, what gives?

2nd week of MHW release.
Its giveing it a hardware boost in terms of sales, that ll last maybe 1-2 week more than this.

After that it ll probably go back to being abit under what the Switch sells.

pastro243 said:
Great for ps4 and great for NS. I'm not sure if Xbox numbers are bad or they just look bad compared to the other 2

Oh they are bad..... at least usually it used to be everything outselling it like 1.8:1... now we have the PS4 almost doing 4:1... and on an average week doing like 2.5/3:1.

Rob5VGC said:
The irony that US numbers are holding the PS4 back now with Japan doing over 100k now.

Japan centric game pushing sales in japan as expected.

Just wait till RDR2, GOW or Spiderman launches..... then it will be the other way round.

Intrinsic said:
Rob5VGC said:

Just wait till RDR2, GOW or Spiderman launches..... then it will be the other way round.

Despite being a huge Spider-Man fan, I don't see the PS4 Spider-man to sell consoles like God Of War or Red Dead would do

Around the Network

Monster hunter is really boosting PS4 in Japan :D

SKMBlake said:
Intrinsic said:

Despite being a huge Spider-Man fan, I don't see the PS4 Spider-man to sell consoles like God Of War or Red Dead would do

I don't see that happening either...... however there will be a slight bump regardless, and it will end up with a NA week number significantly higher than japans numbers as per usual. With regards to what he was saying.

pastro243 said:
Great for ps4 and great for NS. I'm not sure if Xbox numbers are bad or they just look bad compared to the other 2

It's doing well enough. It's up yoy. I seem to remember it floating around 50k in some of the weekly charts last year, with the Vita actually encroaching on it's territory a few times when it had strong weeks. Ha. They've had some crazy sales/deals/bundles lately, with fairly big price cuts and 1 or 2 free games. Not that that's new. The price has been temporarily slashed several times since launch. And then there's Game Pass. They've been very aggressive, and it's paid off enough to keep sales reasonably healthy.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The PS4 is having one heck of a start of this year.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It's always great to see sales like this outside of the holiday run in.