By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Delta and United join list of companies to cut ties with the NRA - maybe this truly is the end of gun rights in the US?

Nem said:
RolStoppable said:

No, guns aren't the problem. There are guns in all of Europe, and Europe doesn't have the problems of the USA.

I'm sorry? Getting a gun is extremely difficult in europe. Do you think we donlt have crazy people aswell? The difference is, we don't give weapons out like candy. It's extremely difficult to get a fire arm. You need training, test and a license and even so it's very difficult to obtain. It is also subjects to registration, regular checks and limited use.

This isn't anything like the US. We don't give out guns, that is why we don't have shootings every month.

No instead you have bombings.

Around the Network
loy310 said:
o_O.Q said:

"Guns don’t make you free, nor do they protect your freedom"

the war for independence?

the civil war?

The south and king going bankrupt won those wars

well if you are going to deny history, then what's the point?

o_O.Q said:
Nem said:

Ryan... honestly... we have no gun rights in europe. Do you think we have no freedom? (aquisition is highly regulated)

Why do some americans think this way? That is utterly ridiculous. Are you planning a revolution and that's why you want guns? Why are you defending Anarchy?

It's so backwards that i don't even know what to say. How can people not see that? Civilians don't need guns. You are living in a developed country. You are safe. All the easy to get guns do is make it easy for people to kill each other everytime they get angry at something. It's not civilised. It's not the wild west anymore.

Do you really need to sacrifice a bunch of children to the slaughter every year just to keep your illusion that with your gun you can go take down the government? This is utter lunacy!

"Civilians don't need guns. You are living in a developed country. You are safe."

except for all those times in history when people needed guns to fight oppression

its infantile to assume that such a situation will never occur again

"Do you really need to sacrifice a bunch of children to the slaughter every year"

killing and death are a fact of reality and that will be the case whether guns are completely eradicated from society or not

"just to keep your illusion that with your gun you can go take down the government?"

this is how america as an independent country was formed to begin with... wtf are you talking about?

What the utter hell? You live in a democracy, albeit a flawed one. You think you with your gun are gonna take down the US highly trained and equipped military? Really?! And for this you will enable mass murders in a monthly basis? Who is being infantile here?

Death happens yes, murder rates can be reduced.

Dude, this isn't the middle ages. You are independant and have the worlds biggest military. Your weapon is your vote. A gun will just get you killed.

o_O.Q said:
loy310 said:

Gun rights have become a life or death issue, it’s so outta control that nut jobs are taking their 2nd right and using it against defenseless children. Guns don’t make you free, nor do they protect your freedom they do one thing and one thing only and that’s obliterate life, at the moment mostly children life it seems.

the civil war?

How did guns help to fight against the government didn't the south lose? And what freedom were they protecting?  The freedom to take the freedom away of other colored humans?

RolStoppable said:
Nem said:

I'm sorry? Getting a gun is extremely difficult in europe. Do you think we donlt have crazy people aswell? The difference is, we don't give weapons out like candy. It's extremely difficult to get a fire arm. You need training, test and a license and even so it's very difficult to obtain. It is also subjects to registration, regular checks and limited use.

This isn't anything like the US. We don't give out guns, that is why we don't have shootings every month.

RolStoppable said:
Guns are not the problem. People who protect the right of mentally unqualified people to own guns are the problem.

Anyone can have a moment of insanity given enough anger. This isn't the case of only a few people. It's everyone. Guns are not something for civilians to have.

Around the Network
Nem said:

I'm sorry? Getting a gun is extremely difficult in europe.

It's actually easy in parts of Europe. Gun law is national law after all. Belgium got a strict firearm law 12 years ago, Finland still is relatively lax as is Switzerland.

Even how the police is armed depends on every nation (or federal state in Germany). Most british officers don't have a fire arm at all as far as i know. And it works, at least until today.

Harkins1721 said:
Nem said:

No instead you have bombings.

And you have airplanes hitting skyscrappers. Different issue eh?

Nem said:
o_O.Q said:

"Civilians don't need guns. You are living in a developed country. You are safe."

except for all those times in history when people needed guns to fight oppression

its infantile to assume that such a situation will never occur again

"Do you really need to sacrifice a bunch of children to the slaughter every year"

killing and death are a fact of reality and that will be the case whether guns are completely eradicated from society or not

"just to keep your illusion that with your gun you can go take down the government?"

this is how america as an independent country was formed to begin with... wtf are you talking about?

What the utter hell? You live in a democracy, albeit a flawed one. You think you with your gun are gonna take down the US highly trained and equipped military? Really?! And for this you will enable mass murders in a monthly basis? Who is being infantile here?

Death happens yes, murder can be reduced.

Dude, this isn't the middle ages. You are independant and have the worlds biggest military. Your weapon is your vote. A gun will just get you killed.

"And for this you will enable mass murders in a monthly basis?"

england and france have gun control and they've had just about the same number of mass murders last year... so what's your point?

"Death happens yes, murder can be reduced."

true if you wanted to completely eradicate murder you actually could... you'd just have to enslave the entire community completely

or you could be sensible and accept that the individuals of a society in exchange for a reasonable amount of freedom must take on an appropriate amount of responsibility for their safety as a result

what i do know is that you cannot have freedom without responsibility

"Dude, this isn't the middle ages. You are independant "

yes exactly and that's the point how did countries like france and america progress towards being relatively free societies?

in france the people rose up and cut the heads of those in charge because they were tyrannical

the same type of battle occurred with the colonists in america

and that is the core of this issue, that the people should always be prepared to fight for their freedom if their government becomes tyrannical

not as you are suggesting adopt the mentality of slaves because things at present aren't quite that severe yet

captain carot said:
Nem said:

I'm sorry? Getting a gun is extremely difficult in europe.

It's actually easy in parts of Europe. Gun law is national law after all. Belgium got a strict firearm law 12 years ago, Finland still is relatively lax as is Switzerland.

Even how the police is armed depends on every nation (or federal state in Germany). Most british officers don't have a fire arm at all as far as i know. And it works, at least until today.

I'm pretty sure that even the most "lax" ones are extremely strict compared to the US ones. Though i guess there were shootings in that region recently, so it's more proof of concept.

Honestly, if your case is that a proper educational systeme helps, i can agree with that. That definitly doesn't help the US.

At the end of the day, the problem we get to in the US is that the system makes politicians corrupt as they are bought by companies and their "donations". That is the root problem.

konnichiwa said:
o_O.Q said:

the civil war?

How did guns help to fight against the government didn't the south lose? And what freedom were they protecting?  The freedom to take the freedom away of other colored humans?

why are you looking at this solely from the perspective of the slave owners of the south? were there not other factions involved?