By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sega is visiting Microsoft, but for what?

Pinkie_pie said:
It will be interesting who takes 2nd spot this gen if Sega makes a few exclusives for xbox one. I can see both xbox one and switch selling 70m lifetime

How much weight do you think Sega exclusives hold? I'm not saying the Xbox One won't reach 70 million but I don't think Sega will be in any way the reason why they would. Wii U had Sonic Lost World and Bayonetta 2 as exclusives (for the most part it's lifespan anyway), didn't seem to help it very much. Even if it's something with Atlus I don't think their biggest franchise a Persona 6 (which definitely probably won't even be on Xbox One) would cause an upswing in sales to 70 million.

Last edited by Green098 - on 25 February 2018

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
Maybe Microsoft could publish the Xbox under Sega's name in Japan.

Not a bad idea.

Barkley said:
caffeinade said:
Maybe Microsoft could publish the Xbox under Sega's name in Japan.

Not a bad idea.

release that next xbox generation as the "Dreamcast 2" and japan would be jumpin lol

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Sega sounds much more realistic than Valve, EA or Bluehoe...

Match made in heaven. Sega also got a lot of expertise in MS's core field.

I found this comment on resetera, regarding a possible buyout:

'It makes sense. Sega has the legacy platforms for BC, a strong PC gaming presence on Windows, the missing genres needed on Xbox, a brand that still has recognition all over the world, a better chance at selling hardware in Asia, and they're affordable.'

That being said, the feel I get from the twitter pictures is that, this is more of a social visit. This subject matter (acquisition) is not something a company would allude to on social media.

Around the Network

It's a buyout.  Sega is going to buy Microsoft.

Time to steal all your franchises xd

PhatChips said:
Time to steal all your franchises xd

I doubt you could call this a steal when they'll probably only get a time exclusive Sonic Boom sequel :3

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

:(

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

4 ≈ One