By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ResetEra banning positive talk of Kingdom Come: Deliverance director, Daniel Vavra

FloatingWaffles said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

But wasn't the creator of Neogaf getting offers of millions for the site before the whole sexual assault thing? And while developers have talked bad about it so much of the gaming industry has used Neogaf in the past as a way to spread information. I don't know if I'd say Resetera is a "cornerstone" yet, but whether or not you liked the site it at least seemed to me like that's the reputation Gaf used to have. A necessary evil of sorts, except not necessary at all. 

The sites do pull a lot of traffic/audience, and at some point I think the dude who owned Neogaf was offered a lot of money for it, but again that's probably just because a lot of people post leaks there. I don't know why they choose those sites in specific to post leaks/insider stuff, ultimately that's up to them, but for the most part a lot of people do not like those sites. 

And it's not whether I like it or not, I personally couldn't care less, I just don't see how any website in general could be a 'cornerstone' of the industry since at the end of the day all gaming websites are just the same, again none are more special than the others. In Neogaf/ResetEra's case it just happens to be they have a lot more insiders that leak stuff on there, therefore leading to more views/bigger audience. 

Yeah maybe I was exaggerating a bit. It would be nice if not 33% of the sites threads were based on Resetera information, though

Around the Network

A bunch of socially inept, ignorant idiots go crazy with the atom-sized amount of authority they have... color me surprised.

Didn't they say that they were going to avoid all the nonsense that made NeoGAF such a toxic shithole?

Zkuq said:
The sad thing about ResetEra is that I probably agree about many of the views of the staff there, but I really, really dislike the moderation policy. As someone who largely agrees about the 'official' views there, I still find myself having to ponder whether something is appropriate to post there - and no, I'm not talking about whether that something is appropriate in general, just whether I can post it without getting moderated. I guess it's one of the reasons I haven't really gone there much after launch. It's just another big echo chamber.

This. I agree with some of their views but the website feels like an echo chamber and doesn't feel that open to those with different viewpoints.  That's probably the main reason I haven't made an account there.

RJTM1991 said:

Didn't they say that they were going to avoid all the nonsense that made NeoGAF such a toxic shithole?

Nope, those "personality" mods just wanted a place where they wouldn't want to be associated with a rapist owner of the site LEL ... 

NeoGAF is actually getting better by keeping those idiot mods out ... 

You might as well call the forum ReplayERA. The forum is not necessarily starting over, but just making the same mistakes from old GAF. What I find a little comical is that ERA's increased transparency in their moderations only emphasizes their disdain for "wrongthink".

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Resetera is made up out of old Neogaf users. All of Neogaf was bad. That is sufficient information.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Resetera is the kinda place you'd only really go if you're already saturated in leftist dogma and want to stick yourself in a bubble where anyone who doesn't think like you is persecuted for it.

restetaera moderation is actually much worse then neogaf. the place is a shit whole, any unpopular opinion will get you banned in a heart beat.

Last edited by quickrick - on 24 February 2018

It's almost comforting to see the petty tyrants that run things over there working so hard to live up to the site's reputation. Echo chamber is too kind. Chamber pot is more apt.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'm locking this thread.

I'm not comfortable with having VGChartz being used as a forum where people can just come and bitch about other forums and the moderation policies they have in place. Furthermore, we have members of NeoGAF and ResetEra on this very forum, including one of their site staff who is a very well respected member of their community and our own, in ZhugeEX. We aren't going to allow insults to fly around towards these people.

I've discussed this with a couple more mods in chat and had no disagreements.