By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ResetEra banning positive talk of Kingdom Come: Deliverance director, Daniel Vavra

I m not aware of what is going on or what did this Daniel dude did. Was it something that horrible to deserve that much witch hunt?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

Yeah I think it's a bit much banning users for complimenting someone that the sites staff doesn't like. But its their site so if someone wants to be apart of it they have to follow their rules.

Resetera is made up out of old Neogaf users. All of Neogaf was bad. That is sufficient information.

That's certainly interesting. Not much longer and current society will be indistinguishable from witch hunters of the past.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The sad thing about ResetEra is that I probably agree about many of the views of the staff there, but I really, really dislike the moderation policy. As someone who largely agrees about the 'official' views there, I still find myself having to ponder whether something is appropriate to post there - and no, I'm not talking about whether that something is appropriate in general, just whether I can post it without getting moderated. I guess it's one of the reasons I haven't really gone there much after launch. It's just another big echo chamber.

Around the Network

Anyone who has ever went on Neogaf/ResetEra for more than 10 minutes and seen the types of threads and how moderating there works shouldn't be surprised with this or their hive mind mentality. "You either agree with us or get banned" is basically their motto.

There's a reason they have such a bad reputation in the gaming community, why do you think so many people were laughing when Neogaf went down a few months ago and most of the users were freaking out because they no longer had an echo chamber to make each other feel better. Even people who work in the industry have talked about how disgusting and bad those sites are.

They like to control the conversation to suit their agenda.

A perfect example of this is back on Neogaf when Alyson Rapp (a former Nintendo employee) got fired and the people on Neogaf were trying to say that it was because of GamerGate and how Nintendo should be slammed for listening to them, but then as soon as it was actually revealed that the reason she got fired was because she was a prostitute as a side job or some shit, they immediately locked the thread and shut down the discussion because they couldn't turn it into a "fuck GamerGate and Nintendo for listening to them" type of thing and didn't allow any other people to discuss what the real reason was.

In the past they've seemingly tried to dogpile on devs to listen to them as well when there's stuff they don't like(just like how they do with other posters on those sites with different opinions). When it was revealed that A Hat in Time had JonTron as a voice actor there were people on those sites trying to tweet the devs to have him removed, which basically looked like they were trying to pressure/dogpile them to get their way, and then bitching in crying in later threads about not being able to get their way when they were rightfully ignored by the devs. Those people will still bring it up in threads about that game till this day so apparently they still can't get over it either. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 24 February 2018

While I agree with their views on that particular topic and while I would never buy the game because of the views of the director, I think banning discussion is never good. That's really bad in the long run. They probably have a good reason, but they're not seeing the full picture and the good side of allowing people to express their opinions, even though they suck.

No surprices, ResetEra did nothing but bring their hivemind and circle jerking mentality from NeoGAF LOL ...

This is fucking outrageous.

However, it comes as no surprise, as NeoGaf/Resetera has always been filled with a bunch far-left nutjobs.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

My question is : If the site is so bad, why does it continue to be a cornerstone of the industry? If any other site had the reputation that Neogaf or Resetera has then they'd be done for. But we're stuck using them as sources. Is it just because all the reliable leakers prefer the more closed platform?