By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 27 January 2018

Switch is doing well in NA but NA is fickle AF! Better hope a new hot toy doesn’t rear its ugly head this Christmas.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
quickrick said:

there is no evidence to support this at all. 

There is, it just didn't show up here before because Europe was constantly undertracked. Now that Europe is on track it's outselling the US

again based on what?

Switch Hardware shipments WW LTD:
Japan - 3.72 million
The Americas - 5.94 million
Other - 5.2 million

Switch Hardware shipments WW LTD by %:

Japan - 25%
The Americas - 40%
Other - 35%

not to mention other includes europe, and the ROTW, while americas is the just the americas. then we have nintedo own chart showing us it's only around 3.5 million in europe.

PS4... The Worldwide King

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

Of course, man. Of course.

I don't doubt this for a second :P

Me neither.

zorg1000 said:
SKMBlake said:
Microsoft didn't do anything bad with this generation, they only sold a lot of Xbox 360 because of the high priced PS3. With Sony selling their PS4 cheaper than the Xbox One at the begining, consumers trusted Sony again, just like during the PS2 era. And the Xbox One is doing regular and predictible Xbox sales (just like the original Xbox).

The next generation will be no different.

Sure they did.

Being $100 more at launch, Kinect being required, no used games/DRM fiasco gave it a really bad pre-launch reputation that they have not fully been able to shake off.

With that said, I agree that the PS brand in general is stronger than XB and that all things being equal PS will always outsell XB.

When I said "they did nothing wrong", I meant there was nothing surprising of how Microsoft announced the Xbox One. They did what they always intended to do. They were under the spotlight for a generation just because Sony made a mistake (the overpriced PS3), but even at the end of the 7th generation, Sony won.

Now they will go just like Sega, expecting from people to buy their console just because they once bought the Xbox 360. The next Xbox will probably sell less, or, at least, the same.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:

Wait, but wasn't the switch cannibalizing PS4 sales?

Or is cannibalizing 3DS sales?

Matt from NPD stated that Switch isn't impeding the other two consoles.  It was already obvious (PS4 having its best year despite Switch launching) but yeah. 

Ka-pi96 said:
SKMBlake said:

When I said "they did nothing wrong", I meant there was nothing surprising of how Microsoft announced the Xbox One. They did what they always intended to do. They were under the spotlight for a generation just because Sony made a mistake (the overpriced PS3), but even at the end of the 7th generation, Sony won.

Now they will go just like Sega, expecting from people to buy their console just because they once bought the Xbox 360. The next Xbox will probably sell less, or, at least, the same.

People weren't surprised by how shit a console it was going to be and how many anti-consumer practices they were trying to force on to it?

I wasn't surprised they did what they did. They were pretty scummy for much of the XB360's run. ( IMO ) ! And Xbox division aside, this is Microsoft after all.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ka-pi96 said:
SKMBlake said:

People weren't surprised by how shit a console it was going to be and how many anti-consumer practices they were trying to force on to it?

They introduced online subscription service way before everyone else, the DRM thing was the follow-up. Like Coktoe said, that's how Microsoft is.

And again, if the PS3 wasn't too expensive, Xbox 360 wouldn't be successful, Xbox Live wouldn't be a thing and Sony wouldn't jump on the subscription train.

But because of how Microsoft didn't understand the fact that they only sold a lot of Xbox 360 because the PS3 was expensive and not because people loved to pay more and more for what Microsoft was trying to sell to them, the Xbox One's launch was a failure, and so is the whole X1 generation.

bowserthedog said:
I'm really surprised that Xbox One is still finishing last even with Xbox One X on the market. Looks like it had a nice launch and then mostly dried up.

Its still selling better than last year though. Anyone thinking it would double or triple in sales compared to last year was delusional...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

It feels good to have new numbers and big week for the PS4! MHW blew Japan up!!!! Everywhere else is almost normal for the PS4 lol. Next week should be big as well! Switch still selling great and look at the XB1 with a good week as well. Very nice!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23