By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: Monster Hunter Digital estimate is up! ( 652,614) Japan only. Updated with Feb. DD sales

Digital first week was high because it was sold out across Japan in less than a day. It managed to sell over 2m first week in Japan and some people here predicted it will only sell 2m lifetime worldwide lol

Around the Network
vivster said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Monster Hunter World is a fucking beast.
2 million first week alone is incredible. When alo is said and done, this game will reach 3DS Monster Hunter level, which is massive

Isn't it already way past that?

think-man said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Monster Hunter World is a fucking beast.
2 million first week alone is incredible. When alo is said and done, this game will reach 3DS Monster Hunter level, which is massive

It's already surpassed 3DS Monster Hunter. Capcom announced this was the fastest selling MH to date.

You know, this thread is about Japan...

Holy! We totally underestimated this gme

Pocky Lover Boy! 

bananaking21 said:
is this japan only? and thats a good ratio, almost 50%.

*33%

But yeah that's an insane ratio for Japan.

Also that means MHW beats Monster Hunter 4's first week sales to become the second best first week for the franchise behind Monster Hunter Freedom 3 at 2.146m. It won't have their legs but the profit margin on MHW has probably already made it the most profitable entry in the franchise (perhaps even by a long shot).

Stock issues and cold weather pushed many people to go the digital route. Also stock issues persisted past its first week so I would expect digital sales to continue to be strong in February.

Last edited by Boutros - on 20 February 2018

Boutros said:
bananaking21 said:
is this japan only? and thats a good ratio, almost 50%.

*33%

Also that means MHW beats Monster Hunter 4's first week sales to become the second best first week for the franchise behind Monster Hunter Freedom 3 at 2.146m. It won't have their legs but the profit margin on MHW has probably already made it the most profitable entry in the franchise (perhaps even by a long shot).

Stock issues and cold weather pushed many people to go the digital route. Also stock issues persisted past its first week so I would expect digital sales to continue to be strong in February.

ah i meant that 50% compared to physical sales, not total sales. 

well maybe thats the case for japan, but maybe worldwide i see this MH being the best selling. how much is the best selling MH to date?

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
You're combining Famitsu's MHW physical sales as of their latest weekly update, with the digital sales of launch week only, right?

As of tomorrow's update of Media Create, we can estimate combined sales to be around 2.65 million, give or take 100k.

If I got your question right. Yes, it's the the combine sales from latest weekly update from last week Famitsu chart.

First two million seller on a Sony home console since FFXII in 2006 (Final Fantasy XIII is at 1.9m and some change, the list from Famitsu is from 2013 so it may have pushed 100k over the past five years)

bananaking21 said:
Boutros said:

*33%

ah i meant that 50% compared to physical sales, not total sales. 

well maybe thats the case for japan, but maybe worldwide i see this MH being the best selling. how much is the best selling MH to date?

It was Monster Hunter Freedom 3 at 4.9m. MHW is already at over 6m.

Such beautiful sales. I can not wait for digital to break the 50% barrier so we can have a strong chance of at least an optional digital only SKU. 

Hope Monster Hunter continues to have strong legs, and push PS4 sales. 

Now, just imagine a PS4 Portable + MHW in Japan!!!!!

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

woah, spectacular numbers

with that it's above Tri G and close to MH4U in Japan - even MHX could be in reach

so, while it realistically could have gotten ~500k-1m more on handhelds there this is not the gigantic drop in sales that was expected (from me aswell) for going home console and has the added bonus of increased western sales and higher game prices